Gpsp 0.9-2xb-u6

[Moved from Wiz News. Please pay attention to where you are posting. Thanks.]

Hey thanks for the great update Exophase/Notaz. Whichever one of you did this. Thanks to both though I suppose. Anyway, it works great and I've noticed a huge improvement in Golden Sun. I'm not sure if you intentionally targeted that, but it appears to run much smoother, especially on the world map. I have however noticed one bug. Gleam (the lumines homebrew clone) used to work in u-5, but it no longer runs in this version. I tried it in both zipped and unzipped format and neither appear to work. I select it from the rom menu, and then it exits straight back to the Wiz menu.

So far, that's the only issue I've run into. Great release otherwise though! I've noticed the clock speed setting is now saved on a per-game basis. Great fix! Thanks for the hard work guys!

Cheers,

Jason

Do other homebrew GBA games work, like the Sonic the Hedgehog GBA port? (Don't confuse it with the lousy official port!)
Also, glad to hear Golden Sun works so well, I'm going to play it again for the first time in years when my Wiz arrives.

Sonic the Hedgehog GBA port[/URL]? (Don't confuse it with the lousy official port!"]
Also, glad to hear Golden Sun works so well, I'm going to play it again for the first time in years when my Wiz arrives.
Haha, that's exactly what I'm doing with Golden Sun. Reliving that wonderful game on the Wiz. It's glorious! :D As far as Golden Sun runs FYI, it does still lag a little. However, since the update it is MUCH better. On the world map, the lag is pretty negligable now. In towns and dungeons (basically anywhere other than the world map) there is no lag whatsoever. Finally, in battle, the game USED to lag pretty noticeably when summoning, or using djinn. However, since the update, there is almost no lag at all. There's a very slight slowdown still when djinn are set or recover, or are summoned or acquired, and also when psynergy is used. But once again, it's very slight, and it's by FAR playable. :D

As for the Sonic homebrew, I hadn't tried it, but I just checked it and it will load, but it's so laggy, it's unplayable. Furthermore, when I attempted to take my first few steps in the first level, the Wiz crashed. Sorry mate. :(

Oh but most other homebrews I've tried work (ie Another World).

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have to alter any settings to get homebrew running?
I'm trying to get either 'Foon' or 'ZX Advance' to run, so I can get my speccy fix.
The update's better now you don't have to alter the scaling every time, thank you.
Cheers

Do you have to alter any settings to get homebrew running?
I'm trying to get either 'Foon' or 'ZX Advance' to run, so I can get my speccy fix.
The update's better now you don't have to alter the scaling every time, thank you.
Cheers
I suspect that homebrew emulators won't work well, if at all. I believe that was the issue with the Sonic homebrew that RupeeClock mentioned. It may be a compiled version of an emulator, running sonic that way. If not, then I have no clue as to why it's so laggy. But as for Foon and ZXAdvance, I'd be shocked if it works decently on gpSP. After all, then you're running an emulator to play an emulator, which is supposed to run a game. It just seems so taxing on the hardware, that I doubt the Wiz has the power to handle it.

Oh no no no, that Sonic homebrew is actually a disassembly of the Genesis rom and re-coded in C to work on the GBA, it's not emulated at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwxF-7vSrQ

I'm not sure why it doesn't emulate properly, it plays perfectly on my DS Lite.

RupeeClock said:
Oh no no no, that Sonic homebrew is actually a disassembly of the Genesis rom and re-coded in C to work on the GBA, it's not emulated at all.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwxF-7vSrQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwxF-7vSrQ</a>

I'm not sure why it doesn't emulate properly, it plays perfectly on my DS Lite.

While it has technical merit, playing Sonic on gba emu on a gp2x doesn't make too much sense, since the original runs perfectly in the emulator it was intended for ;D

Think of it as an emulation benchmark, if you will.
If a DS Lite can play this Sonic homebrew? Perfect.
If Visualboy Advance-M can too? Fantastic.
If gpSP can't? Well then, there's work to be done!

The PSP version of gpSP could play it. Unless we're thinking of a different Sonic homebrew.

hi u guys can anyone tell me how to get this emu to work i put the config txt and gpsp.gpe on the sd card but it wont work it did at first but then said the gba emulator needed a picture of some sort but now it wont work full stop i press the button to run gpsp.gpe and it just goes straight back to the wiz menu Plz HELLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!! I just want to play golden sun and dbz

The emulator doesn't need a "picture" - it needs the Gameboy Advance BIOS "image". A simple search on google will find it. Just place this in the GPSP folder and it should run fine.

I couldn't get gpSP to play any of my unzipped roms, they all had to be zipped for some reason.
But it's no big deal.

after finally getting this emu to work i tried to play dragonballz legacy of goku only to get a message telling me that it cant be played on this system... is there a way around this please

Back