Mame Help!

Hey everyone,

I never noticed until I was playing a game today, but it appears that there is an issue with mame for wiz. Whenever I load the game "Block Block (World)" in MAME, the paddle at the bottom of the screen is not there. You can still play, but without seeing the paddle, it's pretty challenging, lol. At first I figured this was a glitch, but I soon realized that instead it's a video issue. The bottom of the screen is cut off in all MAME games.

Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone know of a workaround? I've tried to change the video mode from "normal" to "scale", but neither seems to work.

Anyway, thanks for any info guys.

Cheers,

Jason

punkrockserfer posted on May 24 2009 at 10:33 PM said:
The bottom of the screen is cut off in all MAME games.
Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone know of a workaround? I've tried to change the video mode from "normal" to "scale", but neither seems to work.
I noticed the same problem with PacMan - The whole screen is not scaled properly to the Wiz screen - it'c cut off. However, the game does run in its full glory in "rotate" mode. Have you tried that?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Wiz version of MAME4ALL does not use the hardware to do screen scaling, so fancy screen-fitting isn't done yet (AFAIK).
I think Franxis said that he would add this in once it becomes available for him to do so. (ie. interfacing to OpenGL).

Back