Gpsp Compatibiltiy

xxtrogdorxx

Still Fresh
Hey guys I wanted to give you some info just to prevent someone else from having the same problem as I did. I spent hours yesterday trying to get the gpsp emulator working on my brand new Caanoo and I was ready to throw the thing at the wall. With a little help from a fellow member here I finally figured out what the problem was. The latest version of gpsp will not run on the old Caanoo firmware. You have to upgrade to firmware version 1.5 to get it to work

XxTrogdorxX said:
Hey guys I wanted to give you some info just to prevent someone else from having the same problem as I did. I spent hours yesterday trying to get the gpsp emulator working on my brand new Caanoo and I was ready to throw the thing at the wall. With a little help from a fellow member here I finally figured out what the problem was. The latest version of gpsp will not run on the old Caanoo firmware. You have to upgrade to firmware version 1.5 to get it to work

Not entirely true, it works on 1.0.6 too, at least it does on mine. Some people are choosing not to upgrade (or even downgrade as I did) because of the reported higher performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
fishybawb said:
XxTrogdorxX said:

Not entirely true, it works on 1.0.6 too, at least it does on mine. Some people are choosing not to upgrade (or even downgrade as I did) because of the reported higher performance.

You might be referring to the old version of gpsp which comes up as a broken link when you try to download it off of openhandhelds.I am not sure if this will work or not as I wasn't able to download it, but I know that the latest version available will not work with the old firmware as I have tried it and the only way to get it to work was to upgrade.

XxTrogdorxX said:
fishybawb said:
XxTrogdorxX said:

You might be referring to the old version of gpsp which comes up as a broken link when you try to download it off of openhandhelds.I am not sure if this will work or not as I wasn't able to download it, but I know that the latest version available will not work with the old firmware as I have tried it and the only way to get it to work was to upgrade.

No, sorry, you're wrong. Gpsp 0.92 runs on 1.0.6, I'm doing it right now.

Back