Gpsp With Ginge : Can't Start A Game

sebt3

homebrew player (P. & C.)
Website
sebt3.openpandora.org
Hi,

I finally manage to take time to dump my gba bios (never done even if I had everything needed for years ...) So I can now start gpSP !!

I can browse to my rom but it crash when trying to load.
Log say :
wiz_load_gamepak: open failed: Operation not permitted

help ?

Funny thing...
Minish Cap doesn't work for me either.
So maybe it's some weird incompatibility with that rom?

I encountered a similar issue with the Gpsp version that's bundled with GINGE in PND form. Unfortunately I never managed to get it to boot any games, but one piece of advice I was given was to try running the game unzipped if it's zipped, or vice-versa if it's not. All I can suggest is to try that. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
I encountered a similar issue with the Gpsp version that's bundled with GINGE in PND form. Unfortunately I never managed to get it to boot any games, but one piece of advice I was given was to try running the game unzipped if it's zipped, or vice-versa if it's not. All I can suggest is to try that. :p
Sadly, as I remembered that discution, so I tried whithout luck :(

It's probably a wrong BIOS.

The one you want has the following md5sum:

a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

No others will probably work.

Having the wrong BIOS will probably just make a few games fail, not all of them.. unless it's just a bunch of garbage bits.

EvilDragon said:
It's probably a wrong BIOS.

The one you want has the following md5sum:

a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6

No others will probably work.
My bios does have this MD5.
And finally manage to get it to work : I've recompressed my rom to zip (done on pandora btw)

^ Now that's worth knowing! I'll give that a try with mine, too - thanks for that info. :)

Zipping the roms on the pandora itself fixed the problem!

Now is there anyway to specify the default rom path?

Back