GP2X Gpu940 Problem Scaling

oyzzo

Still Fresh
I've been doing some tests with gpu940 and It's great :) but I've seen that glScale scales the object but it looks like deformed, does someone have the same problem?

oyzzo posted on Mar 2 2007 at 05:24 PM said:
I've seen that glScale scales the object but it looks like deformed, does someone have the same problem?

Never used glScale.
Do you use it on a matrix where lower line is not (0 0 0 1) ?

If so, go in GL/transfo.c and update the for loop in scale_vec() to range from 0 to 4 instead of 0 to 3.

Also, do you use glScalex() or a floating point variant ? If you use a floating point version of glScale, then you'd better be sure your values are in acceptable range (not too big (edit: not too small neither :))).

Last edited by a moderator:
I use glScalex on the identity matrix, so the lower line should be (0 0 0 1)... but anyway I'll take a look to transfo.c and try to figure out what's happening :)

oyzzo posted on Mar 4 2007 at 02:48 PM said:
I use glScalex on the identity matrix, so the lower line should be (0 0 0 1)... but anyway I'll take a look to transfo.c and try to figure out what's happening :)

Feel free to contact me via email or PM if you want.
Also, you can send me your code sample so that I can have a look.
There's also a user mailing list for gpu940 (https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/gpu940-users/) which you can subscribe to if you plan to use the lib in the long term - email is easier for support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back