Grand Theft Auto V

Phelsumania

(probably old news) My flat mate just poked his head round the corner saying rockstar have anonced gta5 is underway and rockstar are due to release a preview vid on the 2nd of november.

Checkout rockstargame.com for all the details

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved vice city but gta 3 had broken shooting controls and Gta 4 i found just plain boring.i think this game series is in need of a major revamp.I hope gta 5 is good though.

I also hope that 5 is original again, nothing new since San Andreas.

Will we ever get real building exploration or real destruction? Even if the city sent a crew to repair smashed windows so they could respawn.... it's 2011 and some 3D engines are still less interactive than Duke Nukem 3D was.... in 1997.

I also hope that 5 is original again, nothing new since San Andreas.

Will we ever get real building exploration or real destruction? Even if the city sent a crew to repair smashed windows so they could respawn.... it's 2011 and some 3D engines are still less interactive than Duke Nukem 3D was.... in 1997.
Real building exploration would be cool.with proper interactive elements like hacking computers in offices,sliding down stair bannisters whilst shooting and proper missions. The mission structure in gta games is out of date now in my opinion. go here fetch this shoot that. If you fail the mission you have to restart all over again.What a pain in the arse.lets hope this new one is better.even red dead redemption failed to update the linear mission structure system.

im just tired of seeing liberty city, but the idea of a gta 5 does sound promising. vice city was the best in the series in my opinion

Thumbs up for that! <thumbs up smiley here>. Regardless of how it turns out I'll add it to my very small library of PS3 (assuming it will be on it) games. GTA is a great stress reliever for me.

..and here's the first gameplay trailer

https://www.youtube.com/embed/N-xHcvug3WI?feature=oembed

I'm not a massive fan of the series.. but can't help admire the sheer technical audacity/savant level attention to detail of it all, especially on hardware that is fast approaching it's 8th birthday.

Wonder if their inner dev circle have signed some kind of satanic pact?.. the output seems to be head & shoulders above pretty much every other console dev out there atm (with the exception of Naughty Dog perhaps)

There's an official download of the same gameplay trailer:

http://videos2.rockstargames.com/streams/V-en_us-gameplay1_b293-1280.mp4.zip

(275mb)

They've managed it by making one of the two discs a mandatory 8gb install, while the other is inserted during gameplay, so it all hangs together at a reasonable pace.

Lots of industry analysts saying GTAV could harm uptake of the next gen systems, as so many will be wanting to play it rather than anything else this year - I do wonder if they have a PS4/XB1 version they'll unleash, just moments after the sales of this one begin to tail off!

A PC version probably means a next-gen console version won't be far behind, as an early exercise in porting.. and double dipping sales! I know I'd be a sucker for it on PS4 even though I'll get it on 360 - especially if the online mode is half as much of a blast as it looks -

New GTA V online mode trailer

I've heard quite a bit talk of the PS3 having the edge in terms of performance & visuals (not just on PS3 forums) anyone know more about this..?

I can't really see it being the case though, as the PS3 in my experience generally suffers in cross platform releases due to it's bespoke Cell architecture & if memory serves the last Rockstar offering Red Dead Redemption ran poorly & looked significantly worse than the XB360 version.

Well it's here a week today, are you guys eager to play..?

Have to say this is the first one I've really been looking forward to since Vice City, especially like the fact that the whole map/activities are available as soon as you start the game.

I'll probably not even bother with the main story until I've satisfied my virtual wanderlust.

Yeah I see the trailer last night on telly saying on sale 17th - I was thinking the same thing; Can't wait to wander aimlessly around that huge map and see what's going on.

Think I might be lucky and pick up a copy on release, I've a £50 coming my way tonight which I plan on spending wisely

Back