Great Games that are AWESOME on thePandora

After it arrived, I spent some time getting re-acquainted with one of the classics, Doom. Unfortunately, I've only had time to play through the first two levels last night, but it's completely awesome and a better experience than I remember, due to finally mapping the strafe buttons well (to the shoulder buttons).

To all of OPT, THANK YOU!

If DOOM is your thing, try Hexen too, strafing is pre-mapped to the shoulder buttons, and it's as atmospheric as I remember it.

I'm about 10hrs into Persona: Revelations for playstation and really enjoying it.

Pcsx rearmed has to be my biggest pleasant surprise on the pandora. I wasn't expecting to be able to play all my psx games so well! The app is a joy to use too, i wish all emulators looked and worked like pcsx rearmed. A big thank you to those who wrote it.

Now if i can just get gemrb to work. Grr.

If DOOM is your thing, try Hexen too, strafing is pre-mapped to the shoulder buttons, and it's as atmospheric as I remember it.
I always thought Hexen was much more fun than Doom also. I'm kinda sad that there is no official Hexen or Heretic games and Doom and Quake keep coming out. Although I still like Doom and Quake but it would be nice to see Hexen and Heretic come out with new engines as well.

Crash Bandicoot! Definitely an awesome game that remains just as awesome on the Pandora.

Shit, I forgot to mention Super Mario 64. It almost literally feels like it was made for the Pandora!

I'm still saving StarFox 2 (SNES) for the Pandora. Couldn't imagine playing the game I always hoped would be released but wasn't, on anything else. Thanks to the internet and eventually the Pandora, my dream could come true. I just hope the emu can play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite on the Amiga emulator :) It runs great with no overclocking. I forgot how many hours it took to build your ship up to something half decent. And I still need an extra energy unit Military Lasers etc etc LOL

I've played Elite on mobile devices before but nothing beats having the full range of controls at your fingertips via the qwerty keyboard.

Dungeon Hack in DOSBox, and Powder.

I can't stop playing Powder. I'm freakin addicted.

Everything Mega Man that the Pandora can run. :p

(What? What did you expect from me? :p )

I'm playing Earthbound at the moment, and that feels like it was made for the pandora

Elite on the Amiga emulator :) It runs great with no overclocking. I forgot how many hours it took to build your ship up to something half decent. And I still need an extra energy unit Military Lasers etc etc LOL

I've played Elite on mobile devices before but nothing beats having the full range of controls at your fingertips via the qwerty keyboard.

It does? As I tried it it was a dia-show.... But I have no clue how to handle that amiga emu. Any special settings you placed???

(...ahem, I suppose you mean Elite II: Frontier?)

It does? As I tried it it was a dia-show.... But I have no clue how to handle that amiga emu. Any special settings you placed???

(...ahem, I suppose you mean Elite II: Frontier?)

No, I did mean Elite not Frontier :)

I'll have a tinker with Frontier and see what speed I can get out of it.

EDIT: I can't get Frontier to run much above a crawl. Oh well. I prefered Elite anyway but Frontier would have been nice. Maybe I'll put DOS box on my pandora and give the PC version a go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have mine very soon. Looking forward to playing through FFVIII :D

Back