Good games that are actually rubbish.

I like a good racer, car sim or driving based game (FWIW I love Ridge Racer, once you get the drifting idea it all makes sense).

However, I've hated every single Forza game. I keep reading the hype, but when I try the games...

inset1_09_0727_lionheart.jpg

Lionheart first seems to be a very nice and good looking RPG and since it's from Black Isle Studios, it cannot be that bad, can it?

Wrong. After some hours of good time you notice, that the balancing is really bad and it transforms from a good RPG to a bad Hack'n'Slay

where some dungeons have such high HP-Regenerationrates for some monsters, that it's unplayable.

Needs a community patch and could have been such a great game.

^ Finally, someone else who sees it that way!

I really never got on with Super Circuit - I didn't like the handling, most of the tracks (and the few I did like were later inducted into the Retro course selections in later Mario Kart installments, anyway), or most of the music.

I keep meaning to give it another spin, since it was one of the 3DS Ambassador games, but I keep remembering how much I disliked it when it was released, so I never get around to it. :p

It was the only Mario Kart game where I wasn't able to come in at first place (most of the times) due to the kart handling. :(

Now, people will tell me to blame the person using the tool, and not the actual tool itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are probably going to scream at me or something but Mario just never appealed to me. I've played quite a few of the platformers like Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Land, Yoshi's island, DS one, Wii one and a few older ones of which I can't remember. Every single time I just get bored after 1/3 of the game and I just stop playing. I guess I'm not a real fan of platformers. Super Metroid was cool though.

Final Fantasy X.

Linear crap. Didn't bother trying X-2, XII or XIII after this.

Final Fantasy I-IX are all good games (even though VIII and II have some stupid gameplay mechanics).

Didn't even bother to read the reviews for that. Only "new" Final Fantasy stuff I've recently played were FFIV The After Years (as part of FFIV Complete) and FFVII Crisis Core - both on PSP. Enjoyable games (but felt like unnecessary additions).

ok, I'm going to say it, battlefield bad company 2, everything in that game is too friggen destructible. I shouldn't be able knife a chain link fence and have it blow up, and the apaches don't fly right, they're way to sluggish and handicapped, have you ever seen an apache fly? they can do loops and barrel rolls!
But... but that was my favorite Battlefield by far :(

I think most modern games these days fit on this topic. I just stick to my Open Pandora now and play old games. New games just don't have that challenge. There is way too much hand holding and way too much of whimppy reviewers these days rating a game down just because "it was too hard." It has been years since I last took a "professional" review seriously. Because of these lame reviewers, I feel it has caused many developers to be afraid to make their games hard. Well I am not speaking for every game these days, but many of them are like this these days.

Evoland

Promising concept, shitty execution.

No replay value at all.

Back