Bad films that are actually good

For it's time, I guess these movies were pretty good, there was a big Kung Fu wave because of his movies. ^^
Which is kind of an irony, because Bruce Lee critizied Kung Fu a lot at that time and already started his own less ritualized martial arts philosophy "Jeet Kune Do", which is the climax of martial arts history for me,

because it does not emphazise one style of a specific nation as "the best for everyone" but takes the techniques out of all the styles worldwide und tells you, to train these, that fit to your own body,

because everyone has advantages and disadvantages. At least one of his favourite moves is actually from the french "Savate", which is a very cool but dangerous fighting style.

i've seen "Ip Man" and recently "Ip Man 2", pretty good movies, about the (more or less fictional) life of the later Trainer of Bruce Lee.
Ip Man 1 is pretty good, got it too. I've heard, that Ip Man 2 puts more emphasis on chinese propaganda, so I did not watch it.

I would not have thought, that Donnie Yen can do this role, but although he does not look as cuddly and friendly as the tiny real Ip Man, he does well.

Wing Chun had a new wave because of this movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back