Good films that are actually bad

Inception was one of the most boring movies I have ever seen.

Also:

Sunshine - It should have been called shit shine in my opinion - Nothing more than a polished turd.

Yep , the sun is dying so we will send a dozen teenagers on a big bomb to kick start it. WTF.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inception was one of the most boring movies I have ever seen.

extremely_shocked_animated.gif

WOW, I can't believe all of the "Inception" hate around here. That was one of the best films I have seen in the last 20 years of cinema, just BRILLIANT!

I have personally found ALL of the Batman films to be not that great. Michael Keaton as Batman was just about the worst casting desicion in all of movie history. Tim Burton is a visual genius, but that's where his talents END. Jack Nicholsons Joker was good, but not great(it was just Jack with clown makeup on, no real stretch there). He was for sure the only good thing about that first movie though.

I found Heath Ledgers Joker to be very well done(more true to the comic book Joker of the last 30 years), and if I wouldn't have known it was Heath before hand, I would have never known it was him, unlike Jacks performance.

I find Christian Bale to be the best Batman thus far(but that aint saying much), but there is still something about him that misses the mark for me, so the newer films have been my favorites, but I have never watch one of them more than once, so I would rate them about a "C+" at best(so you can imagine what I would rate those earlier movies) :p

At the end of the day, I find 95% of the movies I watch to be bad, and most of them are held as great movies in the press and at box office, so I could almost add anything to this list I guess, but I won't, as that would take days ;)

Chris

I just find Inception to be a bit like Donnie Darko, people seem to say they like to to try to sound interesting or for people to think

they 'get' the film.

There was nothing to get really, it was just a nonsensical 'make it up as you go along' action flick which managed to be quite boring,

which considering the dream world setting, was pretty sad.

The oddball atmosphere of both those films is done a lot better in 'Brick', which I enjoyed and it makes sense.

Craig pretty much summed up what I thought of Inception. While visually impressive, I thought it was quite boring.

WOW, I can't believe all of the "Inception" hate around here. That was one of the best films I have seen in the last 20 years of cinema, just BRILLIANT!

I have personally found ALL of the Batman films to be not that great. Michael Keaton as Batman was just about the worst casting desicion in all of movie history. Tim Burton is a visual genius, but that's where his talents END. Jack Nicholsons Joker was good, but not great(it was just Jack with clown makeup on, no real stretch there). He was for sure the only good thing about that first movie though.

I found Heath Ledgers Joker to be very well done(more true to the comic book Joker of the last 30 years), and if I wouldn't have known it was Heath before hand, I would have never known it was him, unlike Jacks performance.

I find Christian Bale to be the best Batman thus far(but that aint saying much), but there is still something about him that misses the mark for me, so the newer films have been my favorites, but I have never watch one of them more than once, so I would rate them about a "C+" at best(so you can imagine what I would rate those earlier movies) :p

At the end of the day, I find 95% of the movies I watch to be bad, and most of them are held as great movies in the press and at box office, so I could almost add anything to this list I guess, but I won't, as that would take days ;)

Chris

I agree with everything you've just said.

It's very hard to please some people, it seems.

Uh, does anybody say Prometheus was good? I mean, this thread is about "good films, that are actually bad". I mean... This movie has Big holes, stupid clichees (biologist...) and senseless action parts...

I guess it was supposed to be good. Ridley Scott, Alien franchise, the year 2012 and all that. Meh, big expectations seldom are a good thing to have.

The worst films I've seen in the cinema this year are The Dark Knight Rises (IMDb score: 8.8), Prometheus (IMDb score: 7.5), The Hunger Games (IMDb score: 7.4), Safe House (IMDb score: 6.8), and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (IMDb score: 8.0). In my opinion none of those deserve more than a 6, with Safe House being an absolute crappy shaky cam action flick that doesn't even deserve more than a 5. The Dark Knight Rises is severely overrated, with Bane being one of the most silly badguys of all time (that voice...). Prometheus was visually stunning but a big disappointment in every other department. The Hunger Games was family film garbage, with plot holes all over the place (it's going to be a trilogy babyyy, gives us your moneyyy!!) and shaky cam goodness on top (couldn't even see the kills in a decent way). Safe House was an absolute horrendous shaky cam action movie, of which I luckily almost forgot every scene. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo just wasn't very interesting, it's just a really average movie that collapses about halfway through its playtime and the performances are also nothing special (although you might have heard otherwise). Ow, and in general hackers do not work with Apple hardware hardware and software. Did they even TRY to be accurate on the computer related stuff in that movie?

Which reminds me to create a new list over at IMDb. Still have to make a new list with all the classics, and one with all the overrated stuff.

I saw recently Inception, and found it incredibly horrible, despite all the good reviews from the magazines and friends.

I read almost all Philip K. Dick books, so this film just bored me.

Also, i read William Gibson's Neuromancer, so Matrix 1 was one of the few movies i wanted to quit before the end.

Yeah, finally someone who considers Inception as a horrible movie! I thought I was the only one :)

Dark knight rising was really bad (I am not a fan of Nolan's movies anyway, and I don't like his take to make Batman more "realistic" it does not fit with the spirit of the comics at all. This being said, the script for this third movie was horrible and convoluted).

I just saw Avengers and that was pretty bad too, albeit the numerous good reviews. The story was a joke, Loki was ridiculous at best, and the whole ET invasion looked like a farce. It was very disappointing since I had high hopes for it. And the filmmaker should really change jobs, he has no idea on how to make action scenes impressive on screen. What a waste of money.

Oh gads, dozens.

Titanic, Memento, The new Batman films, Indiana Jones 4, Inception, Donnie Darko, Twin Peaks Movie, Heat, Lord of the Rings part 3...

Those were what popped into my head right away...

LOTR part 2 was one of the worst ones... maybe even more so than the third one. It had nothing to do whatsoever with the book, and characters were just a trasversty of the original ones.

Heat was indeed quite boring.

The Twin Peaks Movie was not good, agree.

Titanic was the worst James Cameron flick. It's hard to believe this is the same director who did Terminator and AlienS.

Donnie Darko was entertaining, if anything. Obviously there's not story at all, though.

I thought Memento was decent, though. Clearly one of the better Nolan movies.

Back