Games That Everyone Else Say Are Cr*p...

jlenoconel

So, Ive been playing a lot of classic games though emulation lately, and one of these games (or series of games) has been the Art of Fighting series. I think the arcade ports are great and are a very different alternative to the Street Fighter series. Now, I've been playing both the Genesis and Super Nintendo versions of these games, and have enjoyed these ports immensely. I prefer the Genesis version of AOF over the SNES version because the controls are a lot better and the moves are so much easier to pull off (also I'm a Genesis fan at heart, when I compare it to the SNES at least). I also think that the sequel, on the SNES is great. Most of the problems that were present in the first game, like the crappy controls, were fixed in the second game, and I thought that it was a great fighter. I read a lot of reviews for games that I've enjoyed that basically say the game was crap, like this one in the link below.

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/artoffighting/artoffighting2.htm

It reads:

"Among the 16-bit platforms Art of Fighting 2 was only ported to the SNES. This version is nothing short of a disaster, with horribly inaccurate visuals, atrocious controls, and slaughtered game physics. Needless to say, this port is best avoided, although there is a code that lets you play as Geese."

I didn't think that it was a bad port at all, granted the visuals are not anywhere near as good as the arcade but I still thought it was a good game. Am I stupid for thinking its a good port lol?

Another example I can sort of think of off of the top of my head is Master of Weapon for Sega Genesis, which I loved... oh! and Bare Knuckle III was my favorite in the series. Everyone said it had crappy music but I actually thought the third game had some of the best music in the series, it fit the game perfectly (very obscure and twisted music :huh: ). Does anyone else feel the same way about a certain game?

Back