Underappreciated Games That Need A Sequel

Fat Agnus said:
Actually, there was a horrible Archon 3 for the C64...

archon_iii_-_exciter_01.gif

It was an unofficial fan remake with the original authors in the credits... which confused many players, but it was just too horrible to be true...

Review

Last edited:
Most of the games you guys are talking about I have no idea where they came from, so I have no commentary on those. However, I do have a strong suggestion on a game that needs a sequel really bad.

Legend of Dragoon.

That was an awesome game! The battling system was very creative, having you press the buttons just in time with the flash, and counter attacking with a different button press that allows you to continue your combo even if the enemy is trying to stop you. I thought that extremely unique, not to mention the entire story and awesome transformations into dragoons. Who's with me on this one? I hope they are making a sequel for it, because if they're not, they are missing out on continuing a great story.

chad78 said:
Enough bad humor aside - I want to see a TRUE Mega Man sequel - not this trading card digimon knock-off bs they call "megaman" now - but a real fight 8 themed robots to gain their powers 2D platformmer as a freaking ROBOT named MegaMan to get to Dr. Wily sequel.
I know, right? There's only been

Megaman 1-9
Rockman and Forte
Megaman X 1-8
Megaman 1-5 for Gameboy
Megaman Xtreme 1-2
Megaman 1 and 3 for PC

Only 27 games that follow the same gameplay formula, come on Capcom, get on the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jet Set Radio on Dreamcast was brilliant I would like to see a sequel on the PS3. I didn't really like the remake on xbox.

A new Streets Of Rage

Exophase said:
chad78 said:
TRUE Mega Man sequel - but a real fight 8 themed robots to gain their powers 2D platformmer as a freaking ROBOT named Mega Man to get to Dr. Wily sequel.
Megaman 1-9
Rockman and Forte
Megaman X 1-8
Megaman 1-5 for Gameboy
Megaman Xtreme 1-2
Megaman 1 and 3 for PC

Only 27 games that follow the same gameplay formula, come on Capcom, get on the ball.First, I know bait when I see it, nonetheless, I will correct your obvious errors. Throw out Mega Man 1 & 3 for PC -because they were not sequels, they were merely ports. Might as well count all the Mega Man Collections as sequels.

Secondly, none of the Mega Man X games count for what I was asking for. There is no robot named Mega Man - there is a robot named X. There is no Dr. Wily. This includes Xtreme 1 and 2.

So you're left with Mega Man 1-6 for NES, Mega Man 1 -5 for the Game Boy, Mega Man 7 for SNES, Mega Man 8 for PS1, and Mega Man 9 for the Wii. Oh, and Mega Man and Forte for the GBA, (since Rockman and Forte for the SNES was not released outside of Japan - and I, the person asking for it, live in the US. But I'll also point out that MM 1-5 for Game Boy were primarily remakes of Mega Man 1 -5 for NES. But, regardless, I'll count them.)

I'll even help you out a little bit by pointing out one you missed - Mega Man Powered Up for the PSP. Although primarily a remake of the original Mega Man, they did add 2 bosses, a level editor, and a enough other stuff to make it its own game.

So, that's a total of 16 games, with one not yet released. That's 16 games with most of them, (11 at least!) made on systems that were discontinued over a decade ago.

When I first wrote that post you quoted, I was not yet aware of the upcoming Wii title. The upcoming Wii title is the sequel I was asking for. And apparently, someone at Capcom thought there was a need / market for a true Mega Man sequel, or it would not have been made.

Oh, and btw - only took you 5 and half weeks to come up with that reply. ;)

chad78 said:
First, I know bait when I see it, nonetheless, I will correct your obvious errors. Throw out Mega Man 1 & 3 for PC -because they were not sequels, they were merely ports. Might as well count all the Mega Man Collections as sequels.
Wrong. As terrible as the games were they were completely original.

chad78 said:
Secondly, none of the Mega Man X games count for what I was asking for. There is no robot named Mega Man - there is a robot named X. There is no Dr. Wily. This includes Xtreme 1 and 2.
I included them because what you were asking for was silly. OMG, he's Megaman X instead of Megaman and he's fighting someone who isn't Dr Wily? Who aside from you actually seriously cares about this crap? I said "follows the same gameplay formula" because I disregarded your plea to reuse the same characters again after well more than a dozen times.

chad78 said:
So you're left with Mega Man 1-6 for NES, Mega Man 1 -5 for the Game Boy, Mega Man 7 for SNES, Mega Man 8 for PS1, and Mega Man 9 for the Wii. Oh, and Mega Man and Forte for the GBA, (since Rockman and Forte for the SNES was not released outside of Japan - and I, the person asking for it, live in the US. But I'll also point out that MM 1-5 for Game Boy were primarily remakes of Mega Man 1 -5 for NES. But, regardless, I'll count them.)
They're not remakes at all >_<

chad78 said:
I'll even help you out a little bit by pointing out one you missed - Mega Man Powered Up for the PSP. Although primarily a remake of the original Mega Man, they did add 2 bosses, a level editor, and a enough other stuff to make it its own game.
I didn't count that or Wily Wars because they ARE remakes.

chad78 said:
So, that's a total of 16 games, with one not yet released. That's 16 games with most of them, (11 at least!) made on systems that were discontinued over a decade ago.

When I first wrote that post you quoted, I was not yet aware of the upcoming Wii title. The upcoming Wii title is the sequel I was asking for. And apparently, someone at Capcom thought there was a need / market for a true Mega Man sequel, or it would not have been made.
Rather, someone at Capcom realized that they could farm of development of a dirt simple (by today's standards) Megaman game to another company for very little money then sell it online at no risk so that nostalgic saps like yourself could buy it up.

chad78 said:
Oh, and btw - only took you 5 and half weeks to come up with that reply. ;)
Hur hur hur hur yeah I bet I spent the entire time thinking of it too.

lol DCGM. In before I could say it. Now what am I to do? hmmm... quick think of something snappy to say otherwise this is a pointless post.... Anyone wanna see a magic trick? :lol:

BaDToaD said:
Chad. Have you ever been laid?
I'm going to assume that's a rhetorical question?

daclassicgamingmaster said:
*Handbags At 10 Paces Image*

ahahaha
You are not Trooper, never do that again! Only Trooper has the prestige...

Ganepark32 said:
Anyone wanna see a magic trick? :lol:
*stabs pencil into desk*
I'm going to make this pencil dissappear...

Back