Underappreciated Games That Need A Sequel

eserim said:
One from longer ago - Hired Guns a great Amiga game at the time and one with the concept that could be re-done now as an excellent real 3D game.

Eserim

Wow, I second Hired Guns, That was one of the best games i have ever played on the Amiga. I never actually got to finishing it, But i would really love to see a sequal, Even in 2D. Just as long as the original gameplay was kept intact, Or hopefully improved on etc.

EDIT: I`ve just found out that there actually was a sequal to Hired Guns destine for the PC, But Psygnoisis cancelled it just before completion. Well, In actual fact, I just happened across the incomplete game, May even try it, To see if it would have been worth it.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Sacrifice and Battle Realms are on top of my list of most underappreciated Games.

If i had the money, i´d buy the rights and hire a bunch of programmers to port them to the p%|a.

Hmm, there are lots of great games who need definatly an update and would bring a fresh breeze to todays mainstream market.

M.U.L.E

Yes of course. Great easy to learn, hard to master game. It's a shame that Dan (Danielle) Bunton died so soon...

Other games that come to my mind:

-Wasteland from Interplay. Roleplay/adventure games with post-apocalyptic setting are seldom enough. Michael Stackpole is imho one of the best story writer in the western world. It's a pity that there is only a bad unofficial sequel named "Fountain of Dream". The "Fallout" series is great, but not quite so good as the original.

-Snatcher from Konami. Hideo Kojima's true masterpiece. "Policenauts" was no really sequel.

-Neuromancer from Interplay. The best cyberpunk/hacker themed game ever.

Regards,
Stephan

EDIT: I`ve just found out that there actually was a sequal to Hired Guns destine for the PC, But Psygnoisis cancelled it just before completion. Well, In actual fact, I just happened across the incomplete game, May even try it, To see if it would have been worth it.

Trooper

screen shots of Hired Guns Sequel (that was never made) -do you mean you've found a copy of the incomplete sequel??

eserim said:

Trooper

screen shots of Hired Guns Sequel (that was never made) -do you mean you've found a copy of the incomplete sequel??

Erm, Yep, As far as i know, But i haven`t had chance to test it.

Trooper

Fishbong said:
Sacrifice and Battle Realms are on top of my list of most underappreciated Games.

If i had the money, i´d buy the rights and hire a bunch of programmers to port them to the p%|a.
Sweet, I just downloaded Sacrifice and am playing it for the first time. So far so good. :)

We need a battlezone 3, the PC battlezone's were fantastic for their time, but look aged nowadays :(

Sacrifice was mindblowing because it is one of the very few 3D games that not only had astonishing graphics and excellent sound, music and voice acting but also innovation in every last bit of it. The whole gameplay, the resource, command and fight system were unprecedented by anything like it (well, maybe a bit inspiration from Battlezone, but only a hint).
The game was so unique and had so many good ideas, i can remember how delighted i was when i heard my wizard gave actual spoken commands to the units, one of many small things that added to the atmosphere, like your little kobold adviser or the sac doctors.

Unfortunately, it did not have any rifles, or vietcong, or terrorists, and was thus doomed to be a commercial failure.

While this may be getting a sequel with the recent news, Marvel Vs Capcom 3! I would love it.. Or even Capcom vs Snk 3.. No one say Snk Vs Capcom.. We don't talk about this in my house..

erm... my bad these were not under appreciated games.. a thousand apologies.

Snatcher definately needs a sequel. With Gillian Seed and Metal Gear leaving for Moscow at the end, there was another game simply begging to be made there.

And what about Last Ninja? I know a new version was in development for literally ages (the last 10 years!), but was canned last year. A huge pity really.

Back