Great Gba Games!

sensible GP32

Can you guys point me in the right direction of great Gba games.
since i no nothing about the console

my favorite types are platformers like mario....
or mini games like wario ware

nice one chaps

sensible GP32 posted on Oct 5 2006 at 09:46 PM said:
Can you guys point me in the right direction of great Gba games.
since i no nothing about the console

my favorite types are platformers like mario....
or mini games like wario ware

nice one chaps

Play the metroid ones....fusion and zero mission.

also, pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, my favorite handheld platform... :)o I hope my GP2X didn't hear that)

Yoshi's Island (and all the Mario Advance games, really)
Sonic Advance 1,2,3 (I think 2's the best)
Zelda: Minish Cap
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams (and its sequel Dream Championship or something...)
Broken Sword: Shadows of the Templar
F-Zero(s)
Golden Sun 1&2
Gunstar Super Heroes
Lunar Legend
Mario & Luigi
Mario Kart
Pokemon
Summon Knight: Swordcraft Story
Tales of Phantasia
Donkey Kong Country (I think all of them have been ported)
Yoshi Topsy-Turvy
Sega Smash Pack (Ecco(!), Sonic Spinball, Golden Axe)

I've been buying GBA games like crazy off of eBay recently, so there are still a lot of games in my collection I haven't played (Robopon, DK:King of Swing, Sigma Star Saga, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance...).

Metroid Fusion is outstanding. Also I'm playing two RPGs - Golden Sun, very intuitive and in depth like FF and Sword of Mana, more easy going hack and slash.

Didnt know there were two Metroids, I'm going to have track down zero mission :p

lizard808uk posted on Oct 6 2006 at 11:36 AM said:
Metroid Fusion is outstanding. Also I'm playing two RPGs - Golden Sun, very intuitive and in depth like FF and Sword of Mana, more easy going hack and slash.

Didnt know there were two Metroids, I'm going to have track down zero mission :p
sword of mana is a remake of Seiken Densetsu (Final Fantasy Adventure) which was originally for the Game Boy, so if you played that you will know what sword of mana is like

Don't forget Astro Boy: Omega Factor. Now that really is one of the best games ive ever played. Simply amazing. A li'l short but if you liked Viewtiful joe this is the GBA equivalent but, in my opinion, better.

DemonStar55 posted on Oct 6 2006 at 05:12 PM said:
sword of mana is a remake of Seiken Densetsu (Final Fantasy Adventure) which was originally for the Game Boy, so if you played that you will know what sword of mana is like

Not really. They are similar, but if you play them one after another, there are several huge differrences.

Also, for more great GBA games: Advance Wars. Round based tactic war game. Looks kiddy but gets hard like something really hard. I love it.

Gunstar Super Heroes. GUNSTAR FUCKING SUPER HEROES. You have to get that if nothing else. :)
.. The whole Megaman Zero series is good. Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland kicks enormous quantities of ass. The Klonoa games are all great, not sure about Klonoa Heroes but I'd probably like it if #1, I read japanese and #2, I liked RPGs. But all the platform-puzzle games like Wind of Klonoa 2 (literally translated?) are excellent. The Mario 3 port (Mario Advance 4) is great too, if you can stand the damn voices (OOH JUST WHAT I NEEDED!! MAMA-MIA!!)...

i think your best bet is to buy a new micro, only 49.99, theyre 39.99 pre-owned in gamestation,

if you like warioware, try rythm tengoku, a rythm based mini game type thing, its ace.

I haven't seen any gamestations around here, but I headed over to Zellers just now on my lunch break and got the Famicom special edition GBM for $52.97, tax included, in Canadian dollars. It made my day. :)

Gamestation is, on all levels of supremacy, the best place in the entire world for GBA stuff (besides eBay of course).
I got a GBA SP Classic NES Edition there, together with Golden Sun, Breath of Fire and Castlevania (NES Classics Series) for £70. Good eh?
Also, they sell individual cartridges at a wonderful £15 for two... Hence my fair amount of games. All of these are great, but here they are in order of greatness:

Gunstar Future Heroes
Astro Boy: Omega Factor
Kirby: Nightmare In Dreamland
Metroid Fusion
Golden Sun
F-Zero GP Legend
Metroid Zero Mission
Klonoa: Empire of Dreams
Konami Krazy Racers
Breath of Fire
Hot Potato
Castlevania (NES Classics)

Get all of these, and then anything that isn't a TV/Film licence, and isn't a sports game, and isn't a port of a Flash game, and you're laughing :D

£15 for two individual cartridges in gamestation? last time i checked they sold them individually for only £5 so buying two should only cost £10. thats how i got astro boy. tis the only gba game i own cause i hawked all my other ones (plus astro boy is all u really need to have fun especially seeing as im playing it on my ds)

Back