Grid Wars Port Please

benny32

Still Fresh
Hello, just wondering if it is possible to port the linux version of Geometry Wars to the gp2x. It is easily one of my favorite games to play on my computer.

Thanks

Vektar is an Asteroids knock off. Also, Grid Wars is much more graphically complex. Also, a Grid Wars port wont cost $30.

Thanks for the suggestion.

FYI the original Vektar for gp2x is freeware. There is no sourcecode for Grid Wars available, and the game is discontinued and unavaible anymore due sueing threatenings.

The source is avialable since BlitzBasic is an interpretor language (i.e. the game is the source...) But it would take a LOT of work to rewrite or translate the code to make a GP2X version.

You really need two analog sticks to play that game properly anyway, it wouldn't work with the GP2X control set.

I must be the only person around who prefers to use a keyboard for grid wars rather then two analogue sticks, and I have tried both. I just felt the analogue sticks required too much dexterity, where as on the keyboard, it's just key pressing. Grid Wars could be easily controllable on the GP2x, the D-stick for movement, the four face buttons for shooting and one trigger for the bomb, other for the menu.

Back