Release Geometry Wars

Hey everyone,

I'm kind of new to posting (as my activation email FINALLY went through) but I had a question. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. Anyone know if a geometry wars clone (like Grid Wars) is planned for the Pandora? I did a search on Grid Wars and nothing came up... I would absolutely LOVE to play geometry wars on my Pandora and was curious if it could be done, even if it's through an open-source clone. However, I have no programming skills at all, and thus am likely not much help in porting it. Thanks guys!

I emailed the dev and haven't gotten a response it has been a while awhile back too

apparently it is scripted in basic or blitzbasic (not sure about that but there is a linux x86 version of the blitzbasic sdk i think it is proprietary and a port probably isn't too likely)

It would probably be better to write a clone from scratch....

cb88 said:
I emailed the dev and haven't gotten a response it has been a while awhile back too

I see... Well I'll just keep my fingers crossed, but I won't hold my breath. Maybe if that doesn't work out, a DS emulator will be perfected and Geometry Wars: Galaxies will work.

Yeah grid wars or some other clone would be fun. The actual grid wars was sent a cease and stop it letter and mark had to not host the file any more. But there are plenty of other clones.
http://indygamer.blogspot.com/2006/08/g ... lones.html
Mono, Base2, Mu-cade, Grid assault, echoes and Veck are all freeware too so we may find some source to port too.

yeah if we can get any of the clones that plays like geometry wars, I'll be happy.

Also, does anyone know if Warcraft Tower Defense will see a port? I did some searching, and apparently the GP2X has a tower defense game. Anyone know if it's any good? As good as Warcraft TD? Better?

mmm

yh this is one game (gridwars2) i really want for the pandora

also a port isnt the direct port of code, its the porting of a game,

so you could make a game that runs exactly like gridwars without having any source code
this is something id like to take up (but im not saying im doing it, but id like to)

emcp said:
mmm

yh this is one game (gridwars2) i really want for the pandora

also a port isnt the direct port of code, its the porting of a game,

so you could make a game that runs exactly like gridwars without having any source code
this is something id like to take up (but im not saying im doing it, but id like to)
thats a clone, not a port.

while i have a modified copy of grid wars for dedicated cab use i seem to remember a post on atomic a year back or so where he informed us he was getting some pressure from MS and pulled the file off his site as well as us haveing to remove our modified version.. (was just more cab friendly no other changes) not sure what the status was or how that ever turned out.

but a quick visit to the main site shows its still not available for DL from there (can find it plenty of other places thou)

and as far as Grid its in blitz if i remember right and that wont compile for pandora.

Back