GP2X How About A Homebrew Geometry Wars For The Gp2x

Website
www.predatorramboxxx.blogspot.com
I know that their is vektar but there needs to be a geometry wars clone like trig. wars for psp and i know their are hundreds of others for the pc made by people along wiht source code and etc.. And if this was covered already tell me.

Robotron isn't it?

Seeing how the makers of geowars attacked and threatened the makers of the homebrew versions on the PC it would be... brilliant to see a version on the GP2X!

craigix said:
Robotron isn't it?

Seeing how the makers of geowars attacked and threatened the makers of the homebrew versions on the PC it would be... brilliant to see a version on the GP2X!
yeah it would be great and fun and not very hard to port! btw what is robotron or who?

Last edited by a moderator:
predatorramboxxx said:
it would be great and fun and not very hard to port!
That's absolutely right, just snap your fingers and there you'll have it!

predatorramboxxx said:
Alex. said:
predatorramboxxx said:

there is a lot of ports of geometry wars for linux thats with code thats why i said it would be easy.

Cool, when do you plan to release the version for GP2X then?

Yorper said:
predatorramboxxx said:
Alex. said:
predatorramboxxx said:

there is a lot of ports of geometry wars for linux thats with code thats why i said it would be easy.

yeah predatorramboxxxxxxxxxx, are you gonna release it for dosbox and not claim any credit for it? ;-)

Seriously, do you think the gp2x could provide the cpu power for effects like that? I don't, and I am sure no one else here on this board. Only thing that could be done is a newly written version but that should be quite complicated and I am not even sure if it will be close enough to the "original" with so many effects missing. I mean, you wouldn't even be able to do all the gravitation routines for the black holes etc without float point math, let alone so many at once on screen.

xnopasaranx said:
Yorper said:
predatorramboxxx said:
Alex. said:
predatorramboxxx said:

yeah predatorramboxxxxxxxxxx, are you gonna release it for dosbox and not claim any credit for it? ;-)

Seriously, do you think the gp2x could provide the cpu power for effects like that? I don't, and I am sure no one else here on this board. Only thing that could be done is a newly written version but that should be quite complicated and I am not even sure if it will be close enough to the "original" with so many effects missing. I mean, you wouldn't even be able to do all the gravitation routines for the black holes etc without float point math, let alone so many at once on screen.

Well first dont be so HOSTILE! and look at vektar i mean it could look like that. Also there is one for psp called trig. wars so that could be possible to port i can get the source code the only probelm hopefully the gp2x can support the graphics. And look at grid wars here at http://gridwars.marune.de/ look at the linux version!
I think its possible using the trig wars from PSP and i think it would work i will get more info about it and look at the source code on it!
btw DON'T PUT DOWN PEOPLES IDEAS AND COMMENTS I SEE IT ALL OVER THIS FORUMS AND THE ARCHIVE AND IT MAKES ME SICK BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SPENDING THEIR OWN TIME TRYING TO HELP OUT THE COMMUNITY!

predatorramboxxx said:
Well first dont be so HOSTILE! and look at vektar i mean it could look like that. Also there is one for psp called trig. wars so that could be possible to port i can get the source code the only probelm hopefully the gp2x can support the graphics. And look at grid wars here at http://gridwars.marune.de/ look at the linux version!
I think its possible using the trig wars from PSP and i think it would work i will get more info about it and look at the source code on it!
btw DON'T PUT DOWN PEOPLES IDEAS AND COMMENTS I SEE IT ALL OVER THIS FORUMS AND THE ARCHIVE AND IT MAKES ME SICK BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE SPENDING THEIR OWN TIME TRYING TO HELP OUT THE COMMUNITY!

Nobody's being hostile. I think we're just seeing questions and input from experienced, knowledgeable GP2X programmers and users.

But if it's as easy as you say, go ahead and port it... that would be great. Another quality port to the GP2X is always welcome.

saehn said:
predatorramboxxx said:

Nobody's being hostile. I think we're just seeing questions and input from experienced, knowledgeable GP2X programmers and users.

But if it's as easy as you say, go ahead and port it... that would be great. Another quality port to the GP2X is always welcome.

ok ahh go here http://www.easy-monkey.co.uk/TrigWars/ this is the psp trig wars i was talking about! I mean i thought it would be easy for developers if they had the source code because their has been so many programs lately using source code of psp and then porting it to the gp2x

predatorramboxxx said:
saehn said:
predatorramboxxx said:

ok ahh go here http://www.easy-monkey.co.uk/TrigWars/ this is the psp trig wars i was talking about! I mean i thought it would be easy for developers if they had the source code because their has been so many programs lately using source code of psp and then porting it to the gp2x

title.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

predatorramboxxx said:

It's more involved than you might think, so basically you have to convince developers that it's worth their time to do it. There are only so many developers, and they're always seeing various suggestions about how something would be "cool to port".

Maybe someone will see your game and want to port it. Otherwise, you might find that it would be worth spending your own time and giving something back to the community... by teaching yourself to program. That would let you port whatever you like.

saehn said:
predatorramboxxx said:

It's more involved than you might think, so basically you have to convince developers that it's worth their time to do it. There are only so many developers, and they're always seeing various suggestions about how something would be "cool to port".

Maybe someone will see your game and want to port it. Otherwise, you might find that it would be worth spending your own time and giving something back to the community... by teaching yourself to program. That would let you port whatever you like.

yeah dude iam going to try to do it myself i know can prob do it but it will take some good time..... btw this appears to me to be some hard work for me ahead to do and very time consuming... so i will tackle it soon.

Oh, you're the guy who uploads DOS games to the archive? Hehe :D

predatorramboxxx said:
i got a lot of hate from a certain individuals... i don't know if i want to spend my time writing this because their is way to much ungrateful people...
This is a totally different situation :).

Alex. said:
Oh, you're the guy who uploads DOS games to the archive? Hehe :D
lol i guess people think you can just go find a dos game and dosbox and combine together and POOF it works. No I am sorry to inform you it is not that easy at all. First you have to write configuration files and which i wrote and then you have tweak the sound on game in the setup mode and then maybe it will work because most games do not work with the gp2x dos box only a very few.. so hop off

predatorramboxxx said:
Ok so now i need to convince a developer to step up to port this. SO PLEASE SOMEONE READING THIS PLEASE PORT THIS! LOOK HOW MANY VIEWS ON THIS TOPIC ALREADY! I KNOW PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED.
maybe someone can offer a cash bounty! ;)
Why dont you offer a bounty. You're the one that wants it. I think the rest of us are happy with vektar ;)

Yorper said:
predatorramboxxx said:
Ok so now i need to convince a developer to step up to port this. SO PLEASE SOMEONE READING THIS PLEASE PORT THIS! LOOK HOW MANY VIEWS ON THIS TOPIC ALREADY! I KNOW PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED.
maybe someone can offer a cash bounty! ;)
Why dont you offer a bounty. You're the one that wants it. I think the rest of us are happy with vektar ;)

because iam poor lol jk if i wanted to pay for crap i would have bought a psp. relax i was kidding about the bounty

predatorramboxxx said:
because iam poor lol jk if i wanted to pay for crap i would have bought a psp.
So you thought you'd get a GP2X and bitch and moan until all your clones of favourite games get made for it :) Sweet plan. :lol:

Alex. said:
predatorramboxxx said:
because iam poor lol jk if i wanted to pay for crap i would have bought a psp.
So you thought you'd get a GP2X and bitch and moan until all your clones of favourite games get made for it :) Sweet plan. :lol:

ahhh no so thats why iam trying to make it myself :] duh! From what people told me about you and your work they say your the king of bitching and moaning :} btw iam fun playing downfall NOT!

Back