Geometry Wars Released For Pc

I have both Grid Wars and Geometry Wars.

I think Grid Wars is a good clone but I was unable to really play it due to graphical glitches. I was using the latest version before it was taken down, I believe it was v3.6. Probably video drivers are to blame. It did look less polished.

Geometry Wars was a bit dissapointing. It didn't feel as fun as the 360 version. I might need to get a 360 controller to play it and still feel the same enjoyment. I didn't like the mouse target system and the WASD + ARROWS didn't allow for any precision.

Some rambling:

Speaking of PC shmups though, I'm about to play:
Raiden 3
Shikigami No Shiro 2
Shikigami No Shiro 3
TOUHOU Collection (A collection of Japanese shmups, some really hard to find)

I have a large collection of shmups for the PS2 as well. From Ibara to DoDonPachi I love them!

Anyways, a person that says Street Fighter is for kids, must play Virtua Fighter! :)
If you don't play Virtua Fighter, than you're a Tekken fan and don't count. ;)

sam fisher posted on Mar 15 2007 at 11:35 PM said:
Gridwars is no better than Geometry Wars I have, and have played, both extensively. Hell, i've played Geometry Wars on PC and Xbox 360. It is in everyway graphically superior to gridwars, which uses pre-rendered bitmaps which lowers the scaleability of the game.

Um. Since when did graphical superiority make a game better than another? You sure you're qualified to discuss gameplay? :)

purple_goat posted on Mar 16 2007 at 01:35 AM said:
gridwars is now no longer for download [ph34r.gif]

Nope - it's available here

zodttd posted on Mar 16 2007 at 12:02 PM said:
Geometry Wars was a bit dissapointing. It didn't feel as fun as the 360 version. I might need to get a 360 controller to play it and still feel the same enjoyment. I didn't like the mouse target system and the WASD + ARROWS didn't allow for any precision.

True, the control system could use some work - but then, I vastly prefer keyboard+mouse to a console controller for any game.

Anyways, a person that says Street Fighter is for kids, must play Virtua Fighter! [smile.gif]
If you don't play Virtua Fighter, than you're a Tekken fan and don't count. [wink.gif]

Rotfl! Nope, can't stand Tekken either - I'm from the generation which grew up on real games, not these churned-out cash cows from companies that have no imagination and little talent at their disposal :)

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graphics don't neccasarily make a game better, but contrary to popular belief they are infact a big part of the game. When you have two games with virtually identical gameplay, the one with the better graphical effects wins :p

Dunny posted on Mar 16 2007 at 04:09 PM said:

True, the control system could use some work - but then, I vastly prefer keyboard+mouse to a console controller for any game.

It rocks with a dual analogue controller. I have a PS1/PS2 USB adapter personally. :)
EDIT: Bah... I mean for Grid Wars...

sam fisher posted on Mar 16 2007 at 07:09 PM said:
Graphics don't neccasarily make a game better, but contrary to popular belief they are infact a big part of the game. When you have two games with virtually identical gameplay, the one with the better graphical effects wins :p
Unless one of them is free, then that one wins.

Ravnos posted on Mar 17 2007 at 01:14 AM said:
sam fisher posted on Mar 16 2007 at 07:09 PM said:
Unless one of them is free, then that one wins.
You pay more for the better game ^^

Back