Gridrunner for Android - From Llamasoft - Full game for Free

Mr_Loon

Can't Remember
Just a heads up that the rather excellent modern take on that old classic gridrunner is now available for Android as donationware.

Get it from the donations page of the Llamasoft website.

The game includes versions of the Vic20 & C64 Gridrunner as well as the modern version, has physical controller support and is choc full of retro goodness.

Best of all the full game is 100% free to download and comes with online leaderboards. If you like retro gaming and own an Android device you'd be crazy to miss out on this one.

Don't forget to donate if you like it and it works well with your device. :)

Just a heads up that the rather excellent modern take on that old classic gridrunner is now available for Android as donationware.

Get it from the donations page of the Llamasoft website.

The game includes versions of the Vic20 & C64 Gridrunner as well as the modern version, has physical controller support and is choc full of retro goodness.

Best of all the full game is 100% free to download and comes with online leaderboards. If you like retro gaming and own an Android device you'd be crazy to miss out on this one.

Don't forget to donate if you like it and it works well with your device. :)
I think it is only on iphone or ipad. Could not find a android version.

Just downloaded it for Ipad mini and a classic indeed.

Thanks for the information Mr_Loon.  ;)

Last edited:
Follow the link to the donations page in the OP, there is a link to the Android APK there ;)

Many thanks, playing now on my Nexus 7.. happy days!

..nice for the 45 sec it lasted, hangs indefinitely after that & doesn't appear to be the full fat experience either.. just defaults to the C64 version, no menu, options etc..??

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks, playing now on my Nexus 7.. happy days!

..nice for the 45 sec it lasted, hangs indefinitely after that & doesn't appear to be the full fat experience either.. just defaults to the C64 version, no menu, options etc..??
Works fine on my nexus 7, hold it in portrait mode for the new version, try swiping it from the recent apps list to force a full restart rather than attempted resume. Hold in Landscape mode for C64 / Vic20 mode.

Use a hardware joystick for the best experience. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back