Grrrrrr!

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Jack screwed things up AGAIN!
Smplayer2 now outputs the following errors:

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

Can someone help me resolve this without me having to reflash like I did last time this happened?

I found out that when I have code:blocks CLI running, SMplayer2 runs as it's supposed to.
:wacko:

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

/mnt/utmp/smplayer2/bin/mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

Can someone help me resolve this without me having to reflash like I did last time this happened?

I found out that when I have code:blocks CLI running, SMplayer2 runs as it's supposed to.

Missing libs in the PND? I'm not aware of the issue (what PND and all), but the PND should be rebuilt (go to lib folder of the future pnd and lauche copy_libs.sh ../bin/smplayer2 or something like that).

Missing libs in the PND? I'm not aware of the issue (what PND and all), but the PND should be rebuilt (go to lib folder of the future pnd and lauche copy_libs.sh ../bin/smplayer2 or something like that).
I don't know if there's libs missing by default, this problem with package.smplayer2.pnd occurs after having run qjackctl.pnd
Before that, smplayer2 worked fine and now it only works if codeblocks CLI is running.

I'm sorry if I come across as a complete moron but I don't know what you mean by future pnd or where to find it's lib folder... I'm afraid I need a step by step explenation :(
I'll try redownloading the pnd, maybe that helps?

edit: redownloading didn't help :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what do qjackctl.pnd (or how smplayer2.pnd is built). Maybe I'll check first, to be sure I understand the issue.

Or maybe someone else already has the answer?

Mmmm, did qjackctr installed properly? It seems the version of libstdc++ that the PND copy to the NAND has been downgraded. Did you made an update of the Firmware ?
Can you do a

ls -l /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
in a terminal and get the answser here?

I think @Canceco should be summoned also.

Thanks for your effort.
Is it possible to run code:blocks CLI which apparantely mounts the required libs and to copy those libs somewhere (nand?) so that smplayer2 can find them?

Well, it's not really advised, but on the other hand I don't see any backup of the original libs in the qjackctrl pnd.
I don't have my Pandora here, but I need you to do that in a command line first

Code:
ls -l /usr/lib/libstdc++.so*
And paste the result here.
Yu should have a couple on links plus one real library
then you can
Code:
sudo cp /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/bin/libstdc++.so.6
Or then name pointed by if libstdc++.so.6 is a simlink.

this is what it says when code:blocks is not running

eight:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libstdc++.so*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root     19 Jul  9 23:32 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.10
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 661968 Jun 13 00:38 /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.10
eight:~$ 

I think i know what the problem is.

Mplayer on nand is compiled with jack1 support, but qjackctl installs a newer version, jack2, compiled with codeblocks, with different libstdc++.

I just copied libstdc++.so.6 from codeblocks on smplayer.pnd and repackaged it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thing i know what the problem is.

Mplayer on nand is compiled with jack1 support, but qjackctl installs a newer version, jack2, compiled with codeblocks, with different libstdc++.

I just copied libstdc++.so.6 from codeblocks on smplayer.pnd and repackaged it.

Oh, that's great! The updated pnd will appear on the repo?
Thanks for your help guys, I would be lost without you :)

Ah yes, so to test, an easy way would be:
1. Launch CodeBlocks CommandLine
2. Lauch Smplayer2
3. From C::B command line do

Code:
cp /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /mnt/utmp/smplayer2/lib/
4. Quit Smplayer2
5. Quit C::B Command line.

If step 3 doesn't work (permission issue), try with "sudo " in front
If it still doesn't work, quit Smplayer2 and you will have to do it on the real path, so, if MYSDCARD is the name of your sdcard (I have no idea what it is)
Code:
mkdir /media/MYSDCARD/pandora/appdata/smplayer2/lib
cp /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /media/MYSDCARD/pandora/appdata/smplayer2/lib/
And that should work without even updating smplayer2 PND...

That's a good solution, but what would happen when someone else has the same problem?

I don't think too much people uses QjackCtl, but i would try to update smplayer2 PND on repo, so others would not need to use the terminal to fix the mess i did.

Eight Bit, it would be great if you could post your feedback on QjackCtl topic next time.

That's a good solution, but what would happen when someone else has the same problem?

I don't think too much people uses QjackCtl, but i would try to update smplayer2 PND on repo, so others would not need to use the terminal to fix the mess i did.

Eight Bit, it would be great if you could post your feedback on QjackCtl topic next time.

Yeah of course, updating the pnd is the best solution, I was just giving an immediate workaround...

Ah yes, so to test, an easy way would be:
1. Launch CodeBlocks CommandLine
2. Lauch Smplayer2
3. From C::B command line do

cp /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /mnt/utmp/smplayer2/lib/4. Quit Smplayer2

5. Quit C::B Command line.

If step 3 doesn't work (permission issue), try with "sudo " in front

If it still doesn't work, quit Smplayer2 and you will have to do it on the real path, so, if MYSDCARD is the name of your sdcard (I have no idea what it is)

mkdir /media/MYSDCARD/pandora/appdata/smplayer2/lib
cp /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /media/MYSDCARD/pandora/appdata/smplayer2/lib/And that should work without even updating smplayer2 PND...

There was indeed a permission problem and sudo didn't solve it so I copied it to the real path like you suggested and that works like a charm! Awesome and thank you for helping me out!

Doesn't everyone who does anything with audio or midi need QjackCtl? The patchbay itself works great, I have my C64 playing arpegios created with my Pandora. :)
The sequencers on the Pandora are a bit cumbersom because of the low res screen but they work. I can make music without the need for a laptop with it, which is a good thing.

Your help is more than welcome Ptitseb, i just wanted to have a long term solution too, ;)

There's no need to use QjackCtl for doing audio/midi, but some programs need it anyway.

It would be great to see that setup working, and how you did it, Qmidiarp?,  ;)

Your help is more than welcome Ptitseb, i just wanted to have a long term solution too, ;)

There's no need to use QjackCtl for doing audio/midi, but some programs need it anyway.

It would be great to see that setup working, and how you did it, Qmidiarp?,  ;)

Good idea, I'll try to make a quick youtube this weekend to show it.And yes, the arps were made with QmidiArp :)
Btw, offtopic - I received my easyflash 3 cart so I'll maybe make a video showing the flashing process from my Pandora to the cart too. I haven't tried it yet, only through the C64 itself but that's really slow.

Back