mplayer stopped working

Eight Bit

Hardcore Member
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I must have done something to break this. mplayer doesnt work anymore and quits with this:

mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

Can anyone help me fix it?

Tnx :)

No it doesn't, I have installed mplayer on nand. It just doesnt play anymore and quits with the above message. I found out that when I have codeblocks cli running, that it works again. I never needed to have codeblocks running to have mplayer work before.

Is this something related to QJackCtrl? I remember installing that a few weeks ago

Yep, i forgot about that...

Mplayer was compiled with a old JACK version.

All you need to do is put libstdc++.so.6 from Codeblocks, inside SMPlayer PND lib folder, and package it again.

Just to be clear, you are talking about Mplayer and not SMPlayer PND?

You would need to copy libstdc++.so.6 in /usr/lib folder, with codeblocks command line, like this:

sudo cp /mnt/utmp/codeblocks/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6 /usr/lib

But it would be better to repackage SMPlayer PND.

I copied the file and overwrote the older one that was already there

here's what I do and what happens

pandora:/media/64GB/media/music/Play$ ls

01 Honey.mp3       10 7.mp3

02 Find My Baby.mp3       11 Run On.mp3

03 Porcelain.mp3       12 Down Slow.mp3

04 Why Does My Heart Feel So Bad_.mp3  13 If Things Were Perfect.mp3

05 Southside.mp3       14 Everloving.mp3

06 Rushing.mp3       15 Inside.mp3

07 Bodyrock.mp3       16 Guitar Flute And String.mp3

08 Natural Blues.mp3       17 The Sky Is Broken.mp3

09 Machete.mp3       18 My Weakness.mp3

pandora:/media/64GB/media/music/Play$ mplayer 01*

mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.11' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

mplayer: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/lib/libjack.so.0)

pandora:/media/64GB/media/music/Play$ 

I'll ask the dumb question, you do have the community codec pack installed right? I know it's often a mistake to forget to re-install it after a re-flash and what not.

Back