Gta 1 And 2. Is It Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoppe

i was reanding wikipedia and i remebered thet gta 1 and gta 2 are now freeware. can they run on/be ported to the pandora? i dont think its open source but i think that it could be reverse-engineered. if it cant i will live with psx emulation then. :p

ps:. i don't know nothing about programming

They are freeware but not open source so theres really no way that it will happen. As you mentioned psx emulation should be just fine and maybe the guys behind payback will remake it for the pandora.

Jackd said:
They are freeware but not open source so theres really no way that it will happen. As you mentioned psx emulation should be just fine and maybe the guys behind payback will remake it for the pandora.
thanks for the answer, fast huh? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
(Please note I'm speaking with absolutely no authority here, and I've got nothing to back this up.)

There's a remote possibility that GTA1 might be payable under DOSBOX.
However, you'd probably have to get your hands on a copy of the original DOS release, as the free version available from Rockstar's website has been updated for Windows and requires DirectX.
And even then, the PSX port might still play better.

As already stated, there's no source, ergo, there'll be no port, but they'll both run on psx emulation.

Question answered, topic locked :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back