Gta : Lcs Is Version 2.00 !!!!! :d

if i ordered it today from VG+ do you reckon i'd have it for the weekend?

also
if i buy it will i just be able to update to 2.0 then downgrade when i want to play my emu's?

has it been confirmed that this will run on a v2 fw psp?

taken from an article on psp-spot:

According to Naoneo (who has a reputation for knowing what he's talking about)

"As it stands i've taken the better part of the past 5 hours analysing things, testing various methods for both my retail umd and my on personal iso dump, and i've come to the following conclusion.
GTA:LCS REQUIRES the v2.00 firmware to operate, both the eboot and prx's are encoded in v2.00 fashion, this means that no ammount of file swapping or 'patching' of the boot.bin, far short of recompiling the original sources from scratch, is going to make a shred of difference, because the v1.50 firmware simply cannot execute or run v2.00 encypted data.

This leaves only 2 possible choices :
Upgrade to 2.00 and play the retail game
Someone (im looking at you humma), gets firmware loading nailed down solid, allowing the complete v2.00 firmware to be loaded up with the umd, or iso set in memory to load, it will then execute from either umd or iso without any issues.

This is far more than just differently encoded video or audio files, every bit of the code has been compiled and encoded for the v2.00 firmware, and as such until a way to successfully load the v2.00 firmware without issue arrives, only those owning a v2.00 psp and a legitimate copy of the game, will be able to play GTA:LCS.

Great work sony, i must say."

In other words, this is not a codec issue. (proven by people who have put the music/videos into other iso's and report them working fine)

Also it is being reported that version changers do NOT work (for running the game off UMD). You must actually update your firmware to 2.0 (not 2.01)

cheers for the info "Spray".

before i order it from VG+ is it definately not going to be out over here (uk) till the 4th november or was that just a rumour? cuz if its still going to be out on friday then there's no point in ordering it from VG+

Gaz.

where can i download the 2.00 and 1.50 firmware's for the psp? i've tried getting them from pspupdates.com but there download server is having problems so i cant get it from there.

I fully intended to buy this game, but as it stands - I won't .

Even if I can upgrade then downgrade.

I'd like to see how the new GBA emu develops for a while.

Its out on Friday this week.... I just went to loads of stores asking (Eg Dixons, Woolworths etc) and they all said "Its not on our computers right now but we will be receiving it tomorrow (Thursday) ready for Friday".....

My friend picked his copy up yesterday. He says that it makes you upgrade to "2.0", and the downgrader won't work on it! He says that its actually 2.01 but it just says 2.0....... i don't have a psp and haven't followed it enough to know if this is true....

Feh, I gave up on the firmware bullshit and upgraded. I bought the PSP to USE and play, not fiddle around with it for hours hoping to hang on to apps I can get on the GP2x eventualy and stuff I already have on the GP32. I'm glad I did it too because now there's no more worrying and fretting.

If you have 2.0 it shouldn't ask you to update.

Safter to have it first than get it from the GTA UMD.

gary.mckeown posted on Oct 31 2005 at 12:42 PM said:
nice one i'll order it today then and put my 2.00 update onto it so then i can still downgrade.

watch out as the Euro Version might be v2.01 or v2.50.... Thats why I went with the US version :D

Last edited by a moderator:
ordered mine monday morning & its still saying processing on the site. hopefully its just got a problem with the site and its actually been shipped.

Can anyone confirm wether or not the UK version is 2.0?

Saw it in the shops today but didnt buy it just in case it forced a higher upgrade to play it.

Want to be able to downgrade again once ive finished playing it for Emus/Homebrew.

It is Version 2.00.... I didnt see the point in the delay, people said it was to get more PSP's out to stores for the release date so it sells PSP's at the same time... The Stores around here didnt get any new PSP's in :p still mainly out of stock :p LOL

oh yea, its not recommended to use the firmware update that comes packed on the LCS UMD

I used my own firmware rather than the one supplied on the disk, pity it doesn't work with the version changer.

Very impressive game, although I can't figure out how to get it working with my MP3's.

Back