I'm Baaaack! My Gp2x D-pad Mod And Paintjob - Finally Done&#3

BobBorakovitz

Hardcore Gamer
Website
gameprobe32.blogspot.com
Hey all, I just thought I'd come drop a line and say that I've finally finished my GP2x D-Pad last night and I decided to paint it as well! You may remember my problems before in this thread.

Well, here are some pics to enjoy/bash whatever ;)

I need to buy a new screen protector, I cracked mine pulling it off in 2 places. Anyone know where to buy one separately? I just used the front of a CD case and painted the border on with black spraypaint temporarily but the thing got scratched WAY faster than I expected.

Thanks to everyone for their help in the previous topic! Now I'm off to try the new stuff that I've been missing like SegaCD, GBA, and the new NES emulators! :D :D <3 :gp2x

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, the only part that looks a bit awkward is the back label, but I suppose there was no real way around that. I'm sure it looks even better in reality, flash photography always brings out scratches and smudges that are otherwise unobservable to the human eye...

OMG that is so sick, if GPH sold them like that . . . well I would buy one! And we might get less "oh is that a PSP" comments too ;)

I like it, the blue is great, the d-pad looks awesome, the two-tone is perfect!!

(one minor niggle, pull the camera back, your pics aren't in focus, I always take 3-5 shots of each angle and then delete the ones out-of-focus later, it is impossible to see focus on the built-in LCD screen)

nubie said:
OMG that is so sick, if GPH sold them like that . . . well I would buy one! And we might get less "oh is that a PSP" comments too ;)

I like it, the blue is great, the d-pad looks awesome, the two-tone is perfect!!

(one minor niggle, pull the camera back, your pics aren't in focus, I always take 3-5 shots of each angle and then delete the ones out-of-focus later, it is impossible to see focus on the built-in LCD screen)
seconded GPH should make them like that.

maybe if we all club together we can afford to send a horses head to korea, or maybe ive been watching too much godfather.....

No, I think black electronics appeal to most people. I personally wouldn't like a blue GP2X, although it doesn't look bad, it would be too distracting.

gavie said:
Ah, I was just gonna ask what DPad you used, cause this is the best dpad I've seen.. might do this to my gp2x someday..
me too. that dpad looks well sweet. if it doesnt involve much hacking up the gp2x it'd be really great if you could post a tutorial on how to do it too. :D

Nice dpad mod, but I don`t like the paint job.

Any tutorial around (or how about making one?) for a dpad mod.

This is a really cool mod.

it could be total cool if you posted a toturial/pictures on how you made it :)

David Beoulve said:
How did you get the paint to stick? How chip-resistant is it?

And welcome back!
FUSION paint I would imagine. It solvent bonds to many plastics.

How is the D-pad compared to the stick? I don't have a GBPocket, but I do have a GBColor, that might work? And like conopio asked: How are the diagonals?
Oh, and what tools did you use, could you write a tutorial?

Back