Which D-pad To Use For Mod?

If you have more, ED, I also would like to buy.

Right now I am in USA, too :)

IF EvilDragon still might have the kit, I'll hold off buying anything until I get a reply from him.

Look here

As for modding: I didn't plan yet to sell it without me doing the mod... I might do if somebody REALLY wants it to do. But you can screw up your gp2x, remember that.

He got some in 2 days ago as I sent them there. Maybe those are gone already?

Not yet - but they're decreasing fast...

Last edited:
IF EvilDragon still might have the kit, I'll hold off buying anything until I get a reply from him.

Look here

As for modding: I didn't plan yet to sell it without me doing the mod... I might do if somebody REALLY wants it to do. But you can screw up your gp2x, remember that.

Being a micro electronics technician I could quite easily mod my own GP2X, how much would you want for the mod inc postage etc?

Clare.

Last edited by a moderator:

Look here

Hurray they are there, ordered before they are all gone...

With gmenu2x replacing the default firmware this is the only thing I wanted to change to my GP2X (well maybe a volume wheel or slider would have been nice ;) ). The stick has been driving me crazy from the beginning. DaveC's cap was a big improvement but I still can't get all diagonals properly.

Look here

ED + Dave C, it's absolutely amazing what you are doing for the community.

Can anyone who's had their gp2x modded from the US estimate the general cost for shipping both ways? I'd love to do it, but the overall cost does add up (~$38 just for mod, plus shipping both ways).

Also, what programs out there still require a stick-click? The only one I can think of is GPFCE which uses L+R+Click to exit. Any others I'm forgetting?

I'm wondering, does the 2X need to be in pristine condition? Mine isn't, after I got my hands on a dremel-clone... :p

kuva0012gd.jpg

Big hole... It just was beyond my skills. :(

Ouch, $72 US dollars. The S&H to Hawaii was more expensive than the mod itself :(. Is it supposed to cost 29 Euros to ship to Hawaii? And I still have to pay to get it shipped there, this could easily get up to $100...

I want a DPAD Mod. This weekend i took my Xbox360 apart, used a heat gun on the GPU to reflow the solder to fix a known issue. Replaced the thermal paste yet i am terrified to do this mod. Why? Its on a much smaller scale.

WarmFluffyUK i salute thee.

In my ignorance when i first heard about it, i thought i was just some new D pad cap. Doh

/practices self-mortification on self.

Ed / DaveC,

Am I reading it correctly and currently the kit is for Mk2 only? I'm sure there is a good reason - mind if I ask what that is? Is there likely to be a similar service for Mk1s? Would be keener to have my existing mk1 modded rather than buy a new one to do it...

I think they are simply sold out of the Mk1 replacement kits, as they used to be up there. I am waiting for an Mk1 kit myself. Might cost a lot to ship from US, but it will be worth it I think.

He used to have the MK1 mods in the shop, but they've disappeared off the online store, and the MK2's are out of stock. I'm guessing that he sold all of his MK1 mods and won't be getting any more.

Is no one in the U.S. going to distribute the kits? Shipping is a killer. I could always try to use the nes or gamecube pad, but I'd much rather have a drop in replacement than have to hack something together myself.

Back