Halfway April

MWeston, I actually like that the cases will be "thicker" than your Average Bear™. Durability = Quality. Just because you can have a really thin case (and "get by" like most do) doesn't mean that it should be done that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
'RenegadeChic' said:
i thought april was considered unlikely for a few weeks now? also, i dont see it taking less than a month from when production has started to getting the first units out and surely we would have had word of that. i would say mid to late may at the earliest now.
Someone should draw a graph with estimated dates and dates of completed milestones

It'd end about 2011, realistic enough?

Any chance that we could get the option of having a clear case?

I think that would look awesome!

'sortableturnip' said:

not unless you mod it on yourself. the devs have enough work to do without having to consider unique customisation options for each pandora.

'CC_machine' said:
'sortableturnip' said:

not unless you mod it on yourself. the devs have enough work to do without having to consider unique customisation options for each pandora.

I would be happy just getting one of the ones they are currently using to test the pandora :D

What? It always is ahead of us :p :rolleyes:

It's actually a myth that the eta was always 2 months. One month and 5 days ago, it was 6 weeks. That very fast switched to "no comment".

Another funny fact: the time to make, finish and test the case was guessed 2 weeks at begin of january. This step is still not finished. Now take that multiplier and apply it to the time estimated for mold production, assembling and shipping. :p

it was always two months, we just weren't told it was at all times. I guess they assumed we knew by then

I wonder why this delay time is not used to produce and assemble all the boards. This should be independent from the case, all parts are already there and it would prevent further delays for testing the boards and things like that.

'Xtreme2k' said:
I wonder why this delay time is not used to produce and assemble all the boards. This should be independent from the case, all parts are already there and it would prevent further delays for testing the boards and things like that.
What if the CE test fails because of the boards, then they spend half a million dollar for nothing.

'Xtreme2k' said:
It would be best if the boards (currently at Mk4 IIRC) actually fit the cases. So any design changtes that impact the boards are best made before 4000 of them are assembled, I guess.

Hang on, I thought that ED said that the "case tweaks" mentioned by Craig wouldn't slow down the schedule at all?

Has he been talking bollocks again?

I like the part about the durability of the Pandora, better too strong built than too weak. :)

Another Question: I couldn't find any reports yet, how good the Controls of the Pandora really are. I mean, how good can we control our games? Can we do all tricy and timing sensitive Special Moves in Fighter Games (impossible for example with the old GP2X F100 Stick)? Can we control Mario/Sonic as accurate like with the original Gamepads? Are all the special and complicated Moves in the "Metroid" games possible? (I nearly broke my GP2X stick while trying some wall-Jumps and all the nice Speed-acceleration-moves that Samus can do with proper controls - see youtube videos-)

In short: Is the D-Pad really DaveC approved? ;)

'Dunny' said:
Hang on, I thought that ED said that the "case tweaks" mentioned by Craig wouldn't slow down the schedule at all?
Wait....... there's a schedule?

;)

Back