Halfway April

There;s progress being made it;s just not the type of progress the average consumer wants. I;m content enough to just stop in and check for an update a few times a week, I'm not demanding anyone do anything or tell me anything because I;m sure there are plenty of things they are doing that will make no sense to me. The file format situation is an example, I;m glad it works but they can spend three days explaining it... like they did already, and I;d still not know why it works. So I;d rather they just do their work and get it to me when it;s done.

of course, in the meantime it's nice to check to see if there are any related topics being posted in the forums.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would be nice to get updates every few days just to feel better and have a sense of progress..

'Nik1' said:
Would be nice to get updates every few days just to feel better and have a sense of progress..
I think they do that when there is progress that quickly. but when nothing happens for a few days, or so, they have nothing to post.

r00tw00t said:
just finnish the pandora and then send it . plxxx?

finnishpandora.th.jpg

Finnish enough?

Sorry, I just had to :p

is late may being optimistic then? sorry i'm lazy and haven't the last 9 pages.

I don't know, honestly.
It seems that the OP team and anybody who isn't me communicates in terms of "two months from now" or "4 weeks plus 5 weeks with a 2 week concurrent FCC rating and then another 3.29 weeks give or take lunar cycles"

Don't you guys use the Gregorian calendar around here??

'lulzfish' said:
No. That long since got chucked as too embarrasing because to give a realistic fate would put off customers (HOW long???), and to give an attractive date means constantly going "Ooops - new date announced!".

'lulzfish' said:
No I'm using the Craigorian calendar, to convert the from the Craigorian calender to the European Calendar you just need to add 7 months to the date in the Craigorian Calendar.

The suggestions to post progress reports while sounding good, I think is likely to lead to even more ranting than we have now.

People are going to look at what was said would be done next week, (from last week's post), compare to what was actually done in this week's post, and complain bitterly if they don't match.

Sigh.

Me, I'm just happy that I will eventually get the coolest handheld ever (or at least the coolest on the market since my Newton 2100...)

perhaps using an absolute date on a relative calendar is the way to go! Don't change the date, change the calendar!

'Eversmile' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
''conso'' said:
agreed. all of us still in the preorders already have accepted that delays can happen. Giving us proper and direct information about the current work will stop us from asking all the time.
Haha, that''s funny. And children will stop asking their parents if they are there yet if the parents tell them how many hours it will take at the beginning of the drive.

''conso'' said:
[...], considering how patient this community is, [...]
XD Oh god, my sides, their splitting because I''m laughing so hard. This community is at best 50% patient people and 50% impatient people. You guys keep hassling the devs about when things are going to come out instead of just going on with your lives and then the people who are patient have to yell at you to get you to stop. Just because there''s a checks and balances system where the patient attempt to keep the impatient in check, it doesn''t mean that the damage isn''t already done. And it certainly doesn''t mean that this community is patient.

-God Ginrai

ha ha ha you're very right -God Ginrai those people should get on with their lives! I'm a very patient Pandorarer.

I wish I was a pandora

Fuck this, I'm going to cancel my order and buy a panda instead - TO THE ZOO!!!! :)

Looks like I'll get mine by the end of May since I'm around the 70th person on the list? :blink: :unsure: :) :D <_< :huh:

Anyways looks like it's almost over :lol:

'fischju2000' said:
There is a new blog post...
Thanks for that - it made a slightly depressing read but nothing unexpected. I wish ED would be a bit less optimisitc at times, but I can't fault his delivery of the data - and it's MUCH better than a deafening silence IMHO.

'Lingman' said:
People are going to look at what was said would be done next week, (from last week's post), compare to what was actually done in this week's post, and complain bitterly if they don't match.
since my Newton 2100...)
Yes, accountability sucks. That is why I said activity versus accomplishments. I'm, saying "What are they working on? What are they going to be working on?" On occassion they talk about some of the myriad of associated work they are doing that most of us (me at least) would never consider. I find it informative and it encourages me to be patient. It reminds me that I have little appreciation for what it really takes to get the Pandora out the door. I read the forums because there seem to be some really competent folks on the forums with some very interesting experience. Far more that my dremel tool, epoxy and half-vast soldering skills. I will wait the two months, but I would like to know what they are working on in the interim. Again, I don't think that a weekly, informative update is too much to ask. If done consistently we would be able to gauge progress from one week to the next. Regardless if I never get a Pandora or if by the time I do it is OBE, I would not feel too bad about supporting this type of effort. Hopefully it will encourage others to do the same.

How would you feel if, for a given week (or possibly 2 or 3 in a row) the planned activity was "wait for stuff to arrive from manufacturing", and nothing more?

Back