HALP!!!

tried it with the "sudo" in front.

This time it asked me for a password, but I tried to type it and nothing was coming up on screen...the letters in my password were not coming up as I typed them, but I hit enter anyway....and it does not appear to have worked, I STILL can't seem to use the PND Store....

Gods, I'm frustrated...what did I do wrong???

tried again. Still no letters were showing up when I was typing in my password.

This time, I get

"mkfs.vfat: /dev/mmcblk0p1 contains a mounted file system.

I do not know if this means it worked or not or what....

I tried again to use the PND store and got the same permission denied, so it would seem that it did not work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The letters will not show up for sudo or su as it is a security feature. Make sure that you type your password exactly correct.

Edit, also, try typing sudo umount /media/mmcblk0p1

OK...tried the umount thing.

This time it asked for password, and I gave it.

It gave me another command line, and I tried the format thing again.

It did NOT ask for a password this time, but this popped in there...

mkfs.vfat 2.11 (12 Mar 2005)

and another command line.

Did it work this time???

I guess it didn't.

I STILL can't use the PND store, I keep getting the same Permission Denied thing.

It is acting as though the freaking SD card did not format....

arrrrrgh.

Well, when you need to unmount the card, it means it was mounted before - so the Pandora certainly recognized the card properly, which means it was formatted.

Didn't the SD Card show up as red icon on the Desktop?

And you couldn't double click it and open the card? The card is empty when you get it, so of course the window showing the card contents should be empty as well.

But you should be able to create directories. So first create a directoy named "pandora" on the card.

Inside that directory, create three more: "menu", "desktop" and "apps".

Then run PNDStore. Be sure that you select your SD Card when it asks you where you want to install an app. When you select the internal storage, it will give you the permission error you mentioned.

Install PNDManager first. Then close PNDStore and use PNDManager to install whatever you want on the SD Card.

A lot of this is also mentioned in the QuickStart Manual lying on the desktop. Did you read that?

Actually it may of actually formatted it.. But it won't automatically remount the card after it's done. So eject the SD card and put it back in and see if it works.

Well, when you need to unmount the card, it means it was mounted before - so the Pandora certainly recognized the card properly, which means it was formatted.

Didn't the SD Card show up as red icon on the Desktop?

And you couldn't double click it and open the card? The card is empty when you get it, so of course the window showing the card contents should be empty as well.

But you should be able to create directories. So first create a directoy named "pandora" on the card.

Inside that directory, create three more: "menu", "desktop" and "apps".

Then run PNDStore. Be sure that you select your SD Card when it asks you where you want to install an app. When you select the internal storage, it will give you the permission error you mentioned.

Install PNDManager first. Then close PNDStore and use PNDManager to install whatever you want on the SD Card.

A lot of this is also mentioned in the QuickStart Manual lying on the desktop. Did you read that?

I now have an icon called CARDLABEK which is the SD card.

I got t after I ejected and put back in the card, then re-booted.

I ran the PND Store and tried to download PNDManager. This, after creating the required directories.

this is what i now get:

"Failed to install URLError (gaierror (2, 'temporary failure in name resolution.'),)

And I realize: I AM A MORON I FORGOT TO HOOK BACK UP TO THE WIRELESS NETWORK!!

NOW, I think I have PNDManager downloaded. Well it says it is installing it anyway

For your PC cardreader it may be that an driver update is required to read the SD cards. I had the same problem with my card reader, I guess because it was an SDXC card I tried to use.

Back