Hands Up If You Are A Developer And Don't Care About Paint.

I am a developer but i do want the best possible quality from the cases ,this doesn't mean i wanted the case painted and if the case company can't do it correctly then i would say call it quits with the company and go else where for the next batch.Just get the cases sent ffs we all know fine well now that they will not, and canot be completed to a profesional standard by this company ,we have all stated that we will accept them as they are as long as the functionality is correct and MWeston him self has tested these and gave the all clear previously with the only issue being the finish.

Its not about ,DO WE WANT PAINT AND PERFECTION ,we bloody can't get it ,not with this case company that is for sure so for fuck sakes OPT get it sorted and get them pressed and out NOW.It's no ones fault but your own for these misshaps with the company ,if you didn't pussyfoot about them and get them told properly then there would already be 4000 broken wifi Pandoras out there right now ,with a perfect case.

I notice how everyone rants and goes mad over all this but the minute an OPT person is here everyone goes all gooey
at them ,people they have your money and they are not doing a good enough job ,Eds post that had taken 4 hours to write last nite was a joke to be honest ,and yes Ed why say you are going to do an update when you don't even know what you are updating ,everyone is pissed off and i am included ,i have dreams and ideas for what i would/could do on the Pandora and that is why i want one ,like quite a few people here who have given you their money also ,they have dreams ,hopes ideas and the like but constantly we are all shattered by this crap ,you really are playing with people now wether you like it or not ,you DID choose to go with this project so please expect this response and try harder to get it right to save people the hell of waiting.

Well, statistically speaking, (with a near 100% success rate) we've seen chinese days multiply and have babies pretty quickly and turn into weeks and months. Plus, however unlikely that paint is to chip, there _is_ still potential for chips. Black on black is not a big deal, but I'd rather have no paint (with no worries) and not have to wait for an unknown amount of extra time. (I know, we're told 3 days, but remember the babies!!!) And it's not like the case is going to be tougher because of the paint or fit better, this is purely cosmetic, not necessarily better.
Keep the paint for spare cases or something.

No paint for me.

ps: My hands is up for no paint.

I'm a developer and I don't want paint (and the old cases seemed to work fine)

But, I understand if the OPT wants to wait for paint to get a better image of their product out there or whatever..

torpor said:
I am a developer. I primarily want my Pandoras (ordered two) so that I can develop software for it. I do not care if it looks pretty - the only thing that matters is that the hardware works and that there will be future users.

So: Hands up if you just want OPT to ship the Pandoras to those who are developers, waiting for real working hardware .. paintless, but working.

The vast majority of buyers are likely not developers; 2-3 days delay won't kill anyone. That being said, if there are going to be any possible fit issues, well, skip it and ship it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a dev here, but I will also say skip the paint. The one thing I haven't seen mentioned and may be the biggest issue when it comes to tolerances would be the fit of the buttons/Dpad and they key-mat. The case factory may slip in a board and say "it's all good!" but then if there is added unwanted resistance to the buttons/dpad and key-mat they will likely NOT mention that and of course that could be detrimental to gaming.

I say err with the side of speed and caution, skip the paint!

Edit: if that is NOT really an issue, then I guess I'm a bit more indifferent other than speed of getting one of which faster is better of course.

WizardStan said:
it's only a 3 day delay. \o? <-- that's a guy scratching his head.

Yup. Because there's absolutely zero chance of something going wrong and other delays being caused due to deciding to paint the cases.....

i don't care about the paint myself, but i do care about the proper seasoning - i'd take mine with proper italian seasoning, please.

cosurgi said:
in fact I don't want paint, because I want my Pandora to look badly. Many reasons.

You could always start scratching/chipping the paint off in places if you want that look.

I'm a developer, and functionality is most important to me. However, the factory can and should provide us with a professional looking product, and it looks like they are finally getting their act together. Thus, I want a painted Pandora because then the outside will reflect the professionalism of what's on the inside. It's definitely worth a 3 day wait.

...and I also think the factory needs to get its act together regarding the silk screening. IMHO the 1000+ cases should also be properly silk screened because surely the factory will have it figured out by then.

Pleng said:
WizardStan said:
it's only a 3 day delay. \o? <-- that's a guy scratching his head.

Yup. Because there's absolutely zero chance of something going wrong and other delays being caused due to deciding to paint the cases.....
This is a good point. So even if it's only supposed to take a few days, it might be a lot longer depending on what goes wrong. I understand now.

It depends. Are we talking about three Earth days, or three Venus days?

Back