GP2X Hardware Guru's Come Out An Play

letsridebmx104

Still Fresh
If anybody on this forum knows circuitry and or PCB Design If you want to help the GP2x Internet problem , Please PM me!

Lee
Zero Day Tech.

There are a number of people on this board that can do PCB design, so why not just state what your thinking of doing?

Squidge said:
There are a number of people on this board that can do PCB design, so why not just state what your thinking of doing?
Nahh, :D Not Yet. I'm Just a little reserved that somebody else will try to capitalize on it first :D

Need to be :ph34r: ninja stealth!

Lee
ZeroDayTech.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do realise that people have already done mods that plug into the ext socket and give wifi? True, they are not selling the product, but everyone else can just use a cradle if they don't have the knowledge.

Squidge said:
You do realise that people have already done mods that plug into the ext socket and give wifi? True, they are not selling the product, but everyone else can just use a cradle if they don't have the knowledge.
I think he is ecpecting when Pandora comes out with wifi and the mutliplayer games start coming, people that still have GP2X will want to join in, thus the need to add a simple wifi connection to the GP2X. ( i might take this back, it appear's it might be fix to the F200 lack of a usb network chip)

But squidge your right, it's already been done through the USB host. Ive even seen one example where the guy put the usb inside and cut out a hole at the top for the socket (isnt the most complicated part covernting a voltage level from the EXT from 3.3V to USB 5.0V?). It was surpising the GP2X was able to supply the power need to drive the wifi adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back