Hardware Question...

dezashibi

Still Fresh
Hi
as most of people in this forum are professional in developing and hacking of opensource devices , I want them to answer some of my question about pandora as I dont have one it's interesting for me to know more about that.

1.does Pandora support USB GSM Modems and Bluetooth headset?

2.Is there any way that allow us to use GSM SIM CARDs with pandora to voice calling and sending/receiving SMS?
(I read a topic in this forum about pandaphone but it didn't help me)

3.is there any option for customizing the hardware? for example faster CPU or More RAM,... ?

4.Does it support connection to external hard drive or external DVD drive?

5.Does anyone have any experience using any OSs on pandora(for example win ce,...)?

Thanks you all

1: Yes, no problems

2: Yes, USB sticks with voice support exist, but they're hard to come by. I stumbled upon a couple just over a year ago, but I can't remember where. Do some heavy google searching and you'll find them.

3: No, just no. Even if it were possible, it's really not worth it, since the processor being used is a large portion of the total cost anyway. If more power is what you need, wait a few years when a "Pandora 2" is developed. So far, RAM is definitely not an issue, and CPU is only lacking for more extreme emulators.

4: absolutely, provided the drive is externally powered (ie, plugs into the wall). If it's the kind that gets it's power from the USB, then it's just a maybe, depending on how much power it needs.

5: Various forms of Linux have been tried, including Angstrom (the default, works flawlessly), Ubuntu, Gentoo, and Android, and probably a few others. WinCE is not likely to ever be run (or at least not easy) due first to copyright, and second because it is a closed system so more difficult to work with.

Back