Has anybody received a Pandora from the original first batch queue in the last few weeks?

The first 800 PCBs had the old nubs, many of those were broken from the very beginning. Even from the new ones some are not working properly.

I was thinking these are the ones I am replacing.

Well, all I can say is:

If you are a preorderer and see a perfectly working unit on GBAX, request that unit right away.

I offered my help to fulfill Craigs preorders, but have not taken the legal responsibility for them.

I'm going to give him the shadow of doubt and guess that the fully functional units he is selling are returns that he's repaired (or otherwise had nothing wrong with them, he did say a lot of people were returning "broken" Pandoras that weren't actually broken)

In that case they're refurbished and I'm pretty sure he can't give them to pre-orders as they aren't "new-new".

^ They are returns he has refurbished and he can offer them to pre-orders, all he needs to do is tell people they are refurb's and offer them in lew of their pre-order. It's then up them to accept that or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
s/give/offer/ in your first sentence, but that would be my understanding too.

For donations we just filled a milestone for another 30 units to go out to old per-orders. would be a kick in the pants if you missed a chance of getting a new one if you are in the next 30. but not sure if there is any way to know for sure if you are.. so I guess it's up to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to give him the shadow of doubt and guess that the fully functional units he is selling are returns that he's repaired (or otherwise had nothing wrong with them, he did say a lot of people were returning "broken" Pandoras that weren't actually broken)

In that case they're refurbished and I'm pretty sure he can't give them to pre-orders as they aren't "new-new".
What comes to mind here is how my RMA was handled.   My first pandora I sent back for RMA due to a faulty LCD cable, and an issue with the touchscreen. (which I now believe was due to an issue with the bezel.)

I was expecting them to swap out the LCD cable (and maybe the LCD itself as I believed at the time that the LCD itself had developed a fault) and send it back.  Instead, they (said they) shipped it back to CC as faulty and I had to wait for the rebirth edition production to start before they replaced it with a new unit.

- Neelix

That doesn't make any sense at all.

I was replacing LCD Cables long before the Rebirth Edition was even planned.

And CC didn't do anything anymore when planning of the Rebirth Edition started...

There is also the small possibility that he uses the money made from that to fullfill the most 'urgent' refund requests

That doesn't make any sense at all.

I was replacing LCD Cables long before the Rebirth Edition was even planned.

And CC didn't do anything anymore when planning of the Rebirth Edition started...
Well yeah, as I understand it I sent it in right around the time Jacquelyn started sending LCD cable repairs your way.  Several months later when I requested a status update she told me that she was already doing that at the time when my unit was received... 

But given the way my case was handled  I find it easy to believe that Craig ended up with lots of "returned" units that were "not broken"

- Neelix

I find it easy to believe that Craig ended up with lots of "returned" units that were "not broken"
Which would also mean all these "broken" units should be somewhere and should be salvageable...

If you ever need to explain someone the English saying "Taking the piss." just show them this. 

I thought that being in the $150,- tier would be a pretty safe bet to get a Pandora but ED needs to be almost a saint to not just walk away from Craig's queue with this slap in the face. And although it would suck bigtime for me, I wouldn't blame him at all. 

Too bad, we had such a good vibe going for a whle and it looked like everyone, including ED and Craig, were coming together and the community had a great future  ahead.

Although the community probably still has a great future just without shitloads of people who were there from the beginning. And I was so looking forward at obliterating high scores left and right on Compo4all.  :unsure:

Back