Has Anyone Tried

ninjamonkey

Still Fresh
Has anyone tried running one of the linux distros of skulltag on their pandora? (devs)

?

Do you mean the doom game skulltag or do you mean a distro called like that (Which I wasn't able to find)?
The game is unlikely to work because I didn't hear anything about a port yet.

JayFoxRox posted on May 29 2009 at 01:56 PM) ? Do you mean the doom game skulltag or do you mean a distro called like that (Which I wasn't able to find said:
?
The game is unlikely to work because I didn't hear anything about a port yet.
distro as in download. and I do men that skulltag.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the source code available? If not, then probably it's a no.

Their website doesn't seem to have a source code download option, so I highly doubt it will ever be available for Pandora.
Unless you did something crazy like mailed them and asked them if they could port it to Pandora somehow.

Actually, I should have posted about this a while about but... well now would be a good time.
I PM'd the Skulltag team some time ago asking if they would be interested in porting Skulltag to the Pandora-- this is the response I got:

Message subject: Re: Skulltag Port

Unfortunately, a direct port isn't viable because we just don't have the time. You could take a stab at finding a way/person to port GZDoom as a starting point though.

So it could possibly happen, but I don't think the Skulltag team themselves is that interested in doing it.

Well, if there was a good working port of GZDoom, which is what source mod Skulltag is based off of I believe, it would make it much easier for them to port it. That's probably why they would consider it if GZDoom was ported first.

Back