Has Gamepark Stoped Making The Gp32?

christo930

Lik-sang is not shipping any version and another website says out of stock-out of print for gp32 units. Please say it ain't so, I was thinking of buying the blu, but the british exchange rates kills you from gbax.

Chris

Lik-sang is not shipping any version and another website says out of stock-out of print for gp32 units. Please say it ain't so, I was thinking of buying the blu, but the british exchange rates kills you from gbax.

Chris

No, just because Liksang doesn't want others problems with BLU+.

No because Shibuya.fr will have BLU+ gp32s soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
In other words, if GP doesn't fix the BLU+, Lik-Sang (probably the largest carrier?) won't stock them anymore? So then its left to GBAX and Shiberyo(whatever theyr'e called :), so GP32 is 1/3rd less visibility/availability.. :/

BLU+ is up there with NGage levels of pain :/

jeff

Chris

Maybe then they should take the banner add off of this site then. No use advertizing what you don't sell.

Lik-sang is not shipping any version and another website says out of stock-out of print for gp32 units.  Please say it ain't so, I was thinking of buying the blu, but the british exchange rates kills you from gbax.

Chris

No, just because Liksang doesn't want others problems with BLU+.

No because Shibuya.fr will have BLU+ gp32s soon.
How much software does this bug affect? Is it alot? Most? How did Gamepark let that bug get through to mass production? Did they not test alot of software with one of the early production units. This could easily ruin gamepark, as they don't have alot of distributers to begin with. They should be giving lik-sang head to keep them selling the blu+

Chris

I had a theory that Gamepark has stopped production of these dodgy units as soon as they started hearing complaints. After they fix the problem they would start selling them again. This is purely a theory, and it is assuming that Gamepark was smart ;) so take that for what it is worth.

I will try to speak to GP tomorrow and make sure there is no problem, I have a list of a trillion things to get done. Most of which i keep forgetting.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

they stoped making The GP32 and started making a Crap GP32 :p hehe... hopefully they will notice they made a very big mistake trying to save a few pennies on the LCD and stop making the crap GP32 and start making the good GP32 again :D

No they haven't, the new Blu+ has a much higher build quality (no button problems anymore, works much better with PSU's, brighter screen), and I believe they changed screens because the old ones are no longer available.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

No they haven't, the new Blu+ has a much higher build quality (no button problems anymore, works much better with PSU's, brighter screen), and I believe they changed screens because the old ones are no longer available.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

yea, but look at the effect its had. Emus not running properly, Homebrew games not running properly etc.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

yea, but look at the effect its had. Emus not running properly, Homebrew games not running properly etc.

Ah, come on, this is all being too defeatist. I bought my BLU+ about a week before Xmas and I'm still finding new things to do with it everyday. DrMD is a work of genius and the same can be said for fZX32 and Frodo, both of which are now BLU+ compatible. The previous version of GPCinema works fine and so does GPMadMp3 and SCUMMVM.

I admit that a SNES emulator would be great (if one works and I've missed it, please let me know) but most homebrew games I know of seem to work. I appreciate that my attitude might be different if I owned a normal BLU but I don't understand why this whole negative, 'woe-is-GP32' mentality is infiltrating our scene. It seems as though some people think the BLU+ is the GP32 equivalent of leprosy, when I couldn't be more impressed with mine.

Regardless of what Game Park have done or will do in the future, they may well have had to make business decisions to keep production of the GP32 alive and I hope they continue in future.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Brighter is not always better. What is the black level like? Is it a lighter grey now? If it gets too bright it can become washed out, kind of like the gamma being too high. Also it can have the build quality of a BMW but if half of the games etc have thick white bars going through them it isn't much good. Gamepark has made a big mess. If they continue with these dodgy screens how long will it be before developers start only supporting the BLU+ and not the normal ones anymore?

I agree with you G189, people are making out the situation to be so much worse than it is, a *small* amount of progams are effected mostly due to bugs in 3rd party SDK's which have already been fixed. It certainly isn't 'half' of all programs.

It really is a non-issue, if the screens don't exist anymore what do you expect Gamepark to do? Shut up shop and end production forever? They released the new specs for the screen - keeping with their open source ideas, and point out that anything made with their SDK correctly should not be effected, or only effected by the single line wrap.

It isn't their fault people went away from the SDK and made their own incompatible routines.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I went to Samsungs website, found 1 screen that fit the specs of our Samsung BLU nonplus screen, and Samsung says they still have some. That isn't the reason.

I agree with you G189, people are making out the situation to be so much worse than it is, a *small* amount of progams are effected mostly due to bugs in 3rd party SDK's  which have already been fixed. It certainly isn't 'half' of all programs.

It really is a non-issue, if the screens don't exist anymore what do you expect Gamepark to do? Shut up shop and end production forever? They released the new specs for the screen - keeping with their open source ideas, and point out that anything made with their SDK correctly should not be effected, or only effected by the single line wrap.

It isn't their fault people went away from the SDK and made their own  incompatible routines.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

If this is the case then howcome you can't make an app that can run on both just by using their SDK? Even their so called "official compatible games" are messed up with an annoying line at the bottom. So even their own stuff is not compatible.

The big problem is that if any future developers have the BLU+ they will make stuff that works for them and everyone with the old units won't be able to run stuff. This makes things a real pain for developers, with having to put options in for each screen.

And do we really know for sure that they couldn't get the Samsung screens anymore, or is that just a line of shit and they really just want to save 10 cents on each screen? It doesn't make too much sense that Samsung has stopped making LCDs especially since this one is the same size and resolution screen used in PPC PDAs. I smell a rat at Gamepark. Considering that GP32s are running out and Gamepark is not responding to e-mails, maybe they have "Shut up shop and end production forever" who knows.

I really doubt that future developers will abandon making programs only compatible with BLU+. Besides most of the programs being released nowadays are compatible with both BLU's, what makes you think future developers won't do the same. You don't know if they just switched to save money or switched because they needed to but lets not jump to conclusions. ;)

Also I highly doubt Gamepark is stopping productions because their website is being updated continuously. Entwares out, you can now download games via their website. It just wouldn't make sense if they stopped production now.

I spoke to GP today, everything is fine, they even mentioned the pinball dreams sound problem to me.

They will still be making the BLU for all of 2005 while working on their new GP32 project, which sounds *very* interesting as its a facinating idea as far as handheld consoles go.

I will ask them for the exact reason they stopped using the samsung screen and point out that samsung still claim to make it.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Hardware. ^_^

In the availability field of both of the TFT pages, it's left blank, so the screen could either be in or out of production.

I'd like to wait and hear for GP's exact reason, since there are many theories and rumors going around.

(off note, I went to howstuffworks.com and learned exactly what it is that makes TFT screens differ from LCD screens. ^_^)

Back