Has Gamepark Stoped Making The Gp32?

I really doubt that future developers will abandon making programs only compatible with BLU+. Besides most of the programs being released nowadays are compatible with both BLU's, what makes you think future developers won't do the same. You don't know if they just switched to save money or switched because they needed to but lets not jump to conclusions.  ;)

Also I highly doubt Gamepark is stopping productions because their website is being updated continuously. Entwares out, you can now download games via their website. It just wouldn't make sense if they stopped production now.

So then this means that maybe they are fixing the dodgy units, Or that they have sold way nore than they expected to.

Craig said that he has around 250 units and that will probably last to the end of January. If he sells 250 units in one month that is alot. I didn't think that the GP32 sold that good. I would have thought that 250 units would last all year before being sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardware. ^_^

In the availability field of both of the TFT pages, it's left blank, so the screen could either be in or out of production.

I'd like to wait and hear for GP's exact reason, since there are many theories and rumors going around.

(off note, I went to howstuffworks.com and learned exactly what it is that makes TFT screens differ from LCD screens. ^_^)

Even the NLU had TFT LCDs. TFT is not different than an LCD it is a type of LCD. TFT just means Thin Film Transistor. This is why it doesn't make sence that a different display will have lines in it etc. It sounds like an LCD driver chip instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I said TFT vs LCD, I meant TFT vs whatever-the-other-kind-of-LCD-is, not necesarilly relating to the topic at all. :p

The line is caused by a hardware difference, because of the different manufacturer, though I don't know exactly why it'd need different porch values(whatever that means) or whatever.

No really, besides being from a different manufacturer, why would it need to have different init values? o_O

Back