Has Odonata Been Released Yet?

I think it's available to purchase online with Korean credit cards, excellent marketing there as usual...

Although, that might just be for the better :)

- Alex

It looks like they tried to clone Mars Matrix. The ship select screen is like a total rip-off down to the honeycomb background :rolleyes: Too bad the game has awful graphics.

You would be better off playing Mars Matrix on the CPS2 emu. I am all for supporting commercial GP2X games, but they should have to at least make an effort to make something good.

hmm. yeah, the colours were a bit off in the demo. gameplay a bit too basic. Would like to try it, but for the money I'd rather donate to an emu..

purple_goat posted on Feb 7 2007 at 06:47 PM said:
last time i checked the cps2 emu runs mars matrix perfectly..
so just play it there! :)

:eek:

* downloads *

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, mars matrix does work perfectly.
i was somewhat surprised.

and since you have infinite credits, its actually playable.

but it makes me feel like i suck.

plounted posted on Feb 8 2007 at 10:23 PM said:

I prefer Gigawing, because it's a little easier! Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Emulation it is, however if anyone ever finds a way of getting hold of Odonata, can you let me know? I used to have an Archimedes and as such I'm quite used to games with less than perfect visuals.

Thanks

plounted posted on Feb 8 2007 at 11:23 PM said:

I wonder if someone can play this Game without getting killed. :lol: The most time the whole screen is full of bullets - typical frustrating japanese Shooter. I only climb from continue to continue and from Novabomb to Novabomb. ^^""" But I'm sure those japanese Game-cracks can play this Game without using continues :lol:

Hey, I can play Mars Matrix without getting killed. (at least not in the first two levels) :D Im working on getting a 1cc in Progear currently. Only way to get good at shooters is to play them, a LOT. You reflexes and eye coordination just gradually get better over time. I have games in my collection I stopped playing because they were "impossible", but after going back to them after a year they suddenly feel easy.
Just keep at it. Its a fun genre to get into if you have the skill.

Progear is a great little shooter. I'm not a fan of pattern-based SHMUPS but I liked Progear a lot. Probably something to do with the graphics, which remind me of Metal Slug a little. Cute tanks.

And I suck at Mars Matrix too. Glad I'm not the only one ;)

grahf posted on Feb 9 2007 at 06:40 PM said:
Hey, I can play Mars Matrix without getting killed. (at least not in the first two levels) :D Im working on getting a 1cc in Progear currently. Only way to get good at shooters is to play them, a LOT. You reflexes and eye coordination just gradually get better over time. I have games in my collection I stopped playing because they were "impossible", but after going back to them after a year they suddenly feel easy.
Just keep at it. Its a fun genre to get into if you have the skill.
I gave up playing "IKARUGA" on Dreamcast after I saw some Videos of pro's playing. :blink: I was lucky, that I could managed the way to the 2. Boss...with lots of continues....and those guys play like they were part of the game, never got killed through the whole game and they just shoot every Enemy... it was like a "dance" or something - incredible.
Frustrating because I never have a chance to play like this.

Thank god, that easier Shooters exist. I like "1944 Loop Master" -its not frustrating and makes fun. :)

Huxley posted on Feb 9 2007 at 07:40 PM said:
Progear is a great little shooter. I'm not a fan of pattern-based SHMUPS but I liked Progear a lot. Probably something to do with the graphics, which remind me of Metal Slug a little. Cute tanks.

And I suck at Mars Matrix too. Glad I'm not the only one ;)
I think I do something wrong in Progear. My gunner looks so sad in the ranking after a level. ^^""" Maybe I shouldn't use rapid Fire all the time???
The Style of Progear remembers me on the Anime "Laputa-Castle in the Sky" there were also a giant flying tree...

fusion_power posted on Feb 9 2007 at 09:57 PM said:
I gave up playing "IKARUGA" on Dreamcast after I saw some Videos of pro's playing. :blink: I was lucky, that I could managed the way to the 2. Boss...with lots of continues....and those guys play like they were part of the game, never got killed through the whole game and they just shoot every Enemy... it was like a "dance" or something - incredible.
Frustrating because I never have a chance to play like this.

In my opinion if you dedicate some time to Ikaruga, it really is a very rewarding shooter. The learning curve is so steep, but once you get it, it's amazing... I play a lot of shooters and it's my favourite. :)

:eek: It looks amazing!

Ikaruga_01.jpg

I've been playing Gigawing and Mars Matrix constantly over the last few days. I think I may even be getting better at them.. I have to say they look brilliant on the GP2X's screen. I was surprised to see that the graphics didn't seem to corrupt when switching from 1:1 to Scaled. I'll have to have a read up now about the difference between the software and hardware scaling.

ste_167 posted on Feb 13 2007 at 11:16 AM said:
It is amazing! I'm a shooter fan and it's one of the best. If anyone hasn't played, the gimmick is that half of the enemies are white, half are black. You can switch your ship between the two so that it feeds off one colour, but is harmed by the opposite. This gets unbelievably hectic. The learning curve lasts for about one minute. You get some black, then some white, then a sudden chaotic mixture that lasts until you run out of continues. Cracking.

Also check out Radiant Silvergun for Saturn, Bangai-O for N64/DC and Silpheed: Lost Planet for PS2. Same design team (Treasure - see Gunstar Heroes). They also did an updated Gradius for PS2. Some cool updates to classic games without messing about with the gameplay.

EDITS: spelling...

I havnt spent much time on Ikaruga yet, but it is pretty fun. The Treasure developed Gradius V is an outstanding game in my opinion. Im an oldskool gradius fan, but i really like that one too.

ste_167 posted on Feb 13 2007 at 12:16 PM said:

Ikaruga_01.jpg

I've been playing Gigawing and Mars Matrix constantly over the last few days. I think I may even be getting better at them.. I have to say they look brilliant on the GP2X's screen. I was surprised to see that the graphics didn't seem to corrupt when switching from 1:1 to Scaled. I'll have to have a read up now about the difference between the software and hardware scaling.
Amazing is, how fast it can kill you! ;) Looks like the 2. Boss. In the Videos, the cracks are nearly touch the boss in a real close-combat while defeating em. Of Course, I had tried it this way and of course it has not worked :lol:

Uh, i had checked these "RADIANT SILVERGUN" via Mame. Nice shooter to. As far as I know it was a earlier game from the Icaruga-Team. And I'm sure a game like Radiant Silvergun could be made for GP2X. No Port or emulator but since "Payback" we all know, that the 3D Graphics should be no problem for the Handheld if he can use a good engine. :)
Ok, WHO makes it? ;)

Back