Has the Pandora Successor Physical Concept been firmed up?

Hồng Thất Công

Đả Cẩu Bổng Pháp
I know ED is picking out the SoC and the LCD now.  But has the physical concept of the successor been firmed up by Open Pandora Successor Team (OPST)?  Any rough sketches from OPST?  Would be nice to see some leaks from ED :) .  I would consider this a nice 2013 Christmas present :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I know ED is picking out the SoC and the LCD now.  But has the physical concept of the successor been firmed up by Open Pandora Successor Team (OPST)?  Any rough sketches from OPST?  Would be nice to see some leaks from ED :) .  I would consider this a nice 2013 2014 Christmas present :)
Fixed that for you.

Christmas 2013 would be impossible as a product release date, Christmas 2014 would still be optimistic I think. Summer 2015 is probably more realistic.

I would be interested in hearing ED's thoughts on this though. What is the timeline he has in mind? When to have a final design? When would the first prototypes be ready? When the first production test run? When to start a funding / preorder campaign, if any? When the first full production run?

LOL at the nonnative english speakers!!!! He means the design as 2013 not the actual product

I guess ED needs another 6 months to fix the full concept and design of the successor even if he roughly knows what he wants inside. Mid 2015 is the earliest release date I can imagine IF EVERYTHING GOES WELL :)  

From product design to production, you rarely see anything being done in less than 18 months.

Fixed that for you.
He meant details on the physical design as a 2013 present, not a product release..
Yep, I meant a rough sketch of the physical design to wet my appetite this (2013) holiday seasons, not the product release.  Everyone knows the actual release is far a way.

Back