Have you tried this? Speed Run Super Mario World Glitch

Back in the day (which most of you won't be old enough to remember) there was a game called Jet Set Willy. It was famous for having a bug - the "Attic Bug" where if a certain item (the game was a platformer) was collected in a certain room, then a bug was released that made it impossible to return the way you came. It was touted as a "feature" but it really was a bug.

In more ways than one, actually. This "bug", when triggered, wandered around the game map corrupting as it went. It can be thought of as being a rogue sprite that roamed the memory regions devoted to the map, with quite incredible results - and you can see it happen here:

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/showpost.php?p=724063&postcount=1

It's fascinating. And quite scary, back in 1984 when it was released. My favourite game of all time though - playing games like Mario after playing this just felt dull and lifeless with no real talent behind them.

It's a shame those days are gone.

D.

What's the weirdest thing you've experienced, seen or heard in relation to videogames?
Couple from Red Dead Redemption, people sat backwards on benches + was about to complete a mission in Mexico when the floor disappeared, I could still walk about just very slowly, also my legs had partially sunk into where the floor used to be.

Speaking of Jet Set Willy, I was playing Manic Miner on the BBC Micro many years ago, when something "odd" happened, and I noticed that I had infinite (turned out to be 255) lives.

Still didn't manage to complete it though... :blink:

In neverwinter nights I had strange bugs when hibernating my computer, when waking up, instead of having 0 to 3 cast of my spells I would get 255 cast left...

In Star Control 2 you could sell all of your landers, then sell one more to cause the number of landers to trip.  This would result an in infinite money supply and an infinite source of landers.  I'm not sure if the bug is still present in Urquan Masters.

In the first Civilization, Gandhi was given an "aggressiveness" score of 0 for total peace, where most would have, like, 5-10. When an AI adopts democracy, its aggressiveness drops by 2. When India becomes democratic, aggressiveness wraps back around to 254 and Gandhi declares all out thermonuclear war on everyone.

This was a bug in the first game and then implemented as a feature of all future games. It's been used as an example of emergent behaviour: cool and unintended side effects of sufficiently advanced programming.

In "Roland in the Caves" on CPC464, the game started with the main character falling down inside a cave. The goal of the game was to get out.

But if you pressed many keys quickly right at the beginning, the game slowed down to a crawl, giving you time to make a jump at the beginning of the fall, getting you out of the cave.

I  found one in Mortal Kombat Ultimate for SNES. (I still undust my super NES from time to time) Well I was playing as Sub-zero against my friend who was using scorpion, if im not mistaken. So, I froze him in the air and gave him an upper cut and when he unfroze he couln't move but I coulnt hurt him either and then the time went up and he won. it was very dumb! haha.

But I'm not sure why it happened. At first I assumed that maybe the cartdridge was way too old or something and therefore it would explain why it wasn't working as intended, because I didn't do anything unusual LOL.
Is that the video of you two playing? Interesting video btw. It was quite entertaining. :)
Sorry, no it isn't  haha, it's just a random video I found.

What's the weirdest thing you've experienced, seen or heard in relation to videogames?
Couple from Red Dead Redemption, people sat backwards on benches + was about to complete a mission in Mexico when the floor disappeared, I could still walk about just very slowly, also my legs had partially sunk into where the floor used to be.
    Well that kind of makes sense to me :p  ...the floor in mexico city is actually sinking hahaha, the city was built over a huge lake! and since they are extracting water and oil from it, the city has bagun to sink. But I have never seen anyone sit backwards on benches LOL.

Back