Hello Just got my hands on my first Pandora. Love it

Zerendipity

Still Fresh
Just joined the community after getting my Pandora a few days ago. Absolutely loving it already. As a mac user its kinda different getting used to the way it works and not having 'pretty GUI' everywhere I turn but the thing is awesome. I do have one question that i can't seem to answer I don't know if anyone can help me. I don't understand the different linux terms and speak so if you could keep it simple I would appreciate it. Basically every time  I turn my pandora on it always asks for my wifi password. Is there a way to automatically authorise it? Only a small thingI know but it seems like I missing something pretty obvious. Cheers if you can hep and massive thanks to the team and community who created this piece of awesomeness I followed the blog back in 2008 and forgot all about it up until I saw the video for pyra. That things going to be even better. 

Thanks again

Ben

It used to automatically remember your wifi password before, but with the new firmware, somehow that breaks that. I'm having the same issue. I'm sure King notaz will fix it soon. Just give him some time.

By the way, welcome to the community, and if you don't die here you will become stronger :)

Basically every time  I turn my pandora on it always asks for my wifi password.
Does it always ask for your wifi password or is it asking for the keyring password? Linux wifi security has a "keyring" of all your wifi passwords which is itself password encrypted. The very first time you enter a wifi password it asks you to set this second password. You can simply hit cancel and never be bothered with it again. If you already did set a password there's a directory you can delete in your home directory that I can't remember right now: this will delete any passwords you've already setup but it will allow you to re-enter them again without needing to put in the keyring password and when it asks for this second password simply hit cancel.I'll try to remember what directory it is (it's been years since I've thought about it) or hopefully someone else remembers it off the top of their head.

Hey thanks for the reply glad it's not just me. It's asking for the wifi password not the keyring. It all good though not a massive problem. Apart from my home network is basically a line of hideous code. I now remember it though. Will start heading through the forums now and getting my knowledge up. Glad I found this forum now. :)

Hey thanks for the reply glad it's not just me. It's asking for the wifi password not the keyring. It all good though not a massive problem. Apart from my home network is basically a line of hideous code. I now remember it though. Will start heading through the forums now and getting my knowledge up. Glad I found this forum now. :)
That's exactly how I learned my 16-char WiFi password: The os kept forgetting it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It used to automatically remember your wifi password before, but with the new firmware, somehow that breaks that. I'm having the same issue.
Really? not having this issue..
Same here, it keeps mine. I would like to know what is different for those having this problem.
Kind of recall it may be an issue for those that choose not to have a log in password.

It used to automatically remember your wifi password before, but with the new firmware, somehow that breaks that. I'm having the same issue.
Really? not having this issue..
Same here, it keeps mine. I would like to know what is different for those having this problem.
Kind of recall it may be an issue for those that choose not to have a log in password.
That might be it.  I do have a password.

Yep, I have mine auto login.  Like Wizardstan and FBnil said, I deleted that folder but it still keeps asking me for the wifi password.  I'll try to reflash it and see what happen.

I once had this problem. When you are asked to set a keychain password during the firmware setup and you do not wish to set a PW, leave the field empty and hit enter, do NOT just cancel that dialouge. I guess that "bug" was never fixed or pointed out more clearly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I have mine auto login.  Like Wizardstan and FBnil said, I deleted that folder but it still keeps asking me for the wifi password.  I'll try to reflash it and see what happen.
I have mine set up for automatic login, but I have a password set.

So I tried a few things and in the end decided to reflash the os. I followed all the instructions and when it said press enter when asked I did and then it turned off and now it won't turn on again. Someone please tell me I haven't killed the poor bugger. Its on charge and the battery definitely has 80% left in it but nothing is coming on. No LEDs or anything. Mild panic is setting in :) please help the poor old Mac user. 

Try taking the battery out for a few minutes and putting it back in.. just don't put the battery back in if the charger is plugged in, you could cause a surge that damages the PCB.

Pull out the battery and leave it out for about 10 minutes. Then try again.

Strangely there are some reports about such problems recently. Hope this is not a new hardwarefault.

Can you get to the bootmenu again or is it just dead when flicking the powerswitch?

Back