Help, Farged up smc need quick answer in a hour!!

gp32animefreak

Mighty D Block
Website
Visit site
PC link: error occured in the gp32 process(works fine with other smc).

smc reader: cannot read error found on card.

what the hell is up with that, is there anything i can do, please no short answeres, please tell me what to do and how to do it.
Thanks

Try this:
1- Remove your smc from gp32
2- Start your gp32 (original bios) and go & slect pc-link icon
3- When you see the message: No smc or usb error..." insert SMC in GP32
4- Push "select" button to enter "Smc scan" mode. Push "a" button to begin.+
5- See if any errors ocurred/repaired

Then try to conect your gp via usb again....

Luck
Sorry for my english

It happend when i was deleting my GTO-02.avi and then it farged up and went insane. Now i cant even view stuff, i want to wipe it out due to the fact i have backups of gp cinema, but it wont let me go in.

Put card in SMC reader and try running Error-Checking under the disk properties in Windows. Maybe it will fix the problem.

Whats then? :ph34r: ^^

I think theres nothing you can do now... did you put it near to some magnet or a speaker? Anything else like evil scratches on the chip side?
Maybe you try another GP32-connection software (i guess there is, huh?). But I guess it wont help. Seems damaged, so if it wasnt an original game-smc, it shouldnt be a too big problem, or is it? :blink:
theyre not very expensive here

did you put it near to some magnet or a speaker?

Wouldn't make any difference anyway - data isn't stored magnetically on SMCs, so it wouldn't do any damage. The only thing that can kill it in that way is static electricity. Could just be a buggered SMC - sounds like it!

This is what I do when my SMCs get messed up. 1. Format to FAT32 in a SMC reader/writer 2. Turn MutiFW on, defaulting to PacRom (if you don't have MutiFW, you could flash with other card) W/O SMC in. 3. Press start then insert SMC. 4. Goto tools->format, then press A. 5. It should work now :)

I had a similar problem, I got a process error every time I tried to format a certain SMC...somehow the following procedure fixed it:

1. I stuck a write protect sticker on the smc
2. I tried to format it in GP32 Link-up, it didnt work.
3. I removed the SMC with the GP32 still on
4. I removed the write protect sticker
5. I successfully formatted the SMC in GP32 Link-up

Might be worth a try

Back