Help..i Lost Movie Playback...

Ghool

Still Fresh
Ive lost movie playback on my 2x, well it just puts up a pattern although the sound is
OK.. I was updating the firmware 1.0 to 1.4.0 and I ran the program on the card and
simply its updated the software but not the kernel I think. I did try to downgrade it back to 1.00 but you can only go back to 1.01 which still has the movie playing error....

any help would be most welcome...

Does both the green boot screen and the info screen say you have firmware 1.0.1. If the green screen doesn't, copy the kernal.img to your sd card and try updating again. Keep trying until you see the firmware updating screen. If you didn't see the firmware updating screen, it didn't update; try again!

If the info screen doesn't say 1.0.1, copy the .gpu and the .tar.gz files to your sd card and run the .gpu from the utility menu.

If you still have problems updating the kernel, try one of the alternative updaters and update to that version of the firmware. Just make sure that the green screen version number and the info screen match.

This has been discussed many times before.

>Does both the green boot screen and the info screen say you have firmware 1.0.1.

I take it you mean that tiny writing, if you can read that then youre eyesight is better than mine...sadly I dont have my tvout lead yet...

I`ll try what you suggest though...

Back