Movie Player Troubles

Ando

Website
Visit site
I cant seem to get the movie player on my 2x to work properly, i have tried a couple of different video formats, divx and mpeg4, and i still cant get it to work

i will downlaod the movie onto my card but once i turn my 2x on and go into movies it doesnt recognize any files, almost like i never even put them on the card

i am wondering if this could have anything to do with my firmware, i updated it from a little while ago, would the mp3 player also be affected or am i just doing something wrong?

please help me out thanks in advance

I cant seem to get the movie player on my 2x to work properly, i have tried a couple of different video formats, divx and mpeg4, and i still cant get it to work

i will downlaod the movie onto my card but once i turn my 2x on and go into movies it doesnt recognize any files, almost like i never even put them on the card

i am wondering if this could have anything to do with my firmware, i updated it from a little while ago, would the mp3 player also be affected or am i just doing something wrong?

please help me out thanks in advance

Yep Im having problems too. I have converted a file into divx using Dr Divx, when played on the GP2X I have a scrambled picture (ie like a corrupted screen) but I do have sound. This also happens when i try a file that was encoded especially for the GP32 (worked fine on that) I've updated the firmware to 1.0.1 - would this be the reason why movie does not play properly. Would appreciate any advice - could it be awaiting another firmware fix???

Last edited by a moderator:
does it matter if i am using the card reader in my printer that is the one i have been using for emus and mp3s and it works fine for those?

i use vurtualdub (spelling) check the wiki it should tell u there u will need a Xvid codec as well

Hello Guys,

To get the video to work and properly created form a DVD, here are the tools - tested and certified succesfully! :)
- DVDX 2.3
- DivX 5.1.1 or 5.2.1 Codecs
- ASPI Driver for DVDX 2.3 for Adaptec
- and of course...a DVD Software Player installed

That's it: once you have these softwares installed, just play with DVDX 2.3.
For instance, you can resize the video to 320*240 through the DivX codec setup interface.

Gabriel

Last edited by a moderator:
Back