Help! java and Blackboard collaborate software on Pandora...

tiho76

Still Fresh
Hi Folks,

I really need some help with setting up Java to work with Blackboard collaborate educational software (BC). I need portability, and even tho BC has apps for andriod and IOS my educational institution version does not support these platforms yet...

https://www.blackboard.com/platforms/collaborate/overview.aspx

I have tried running BC thru the Firefox 23.0.1. I have also installed java.pnd from repo, and have downloaded latest java linux-arm release, 7u40. On the regular PC, when I initiate archived class session, browser downloads a file with an .JNPL extension, always called nativeplayback.jnpl. Java starts and session begins. When I try to do the same on Pandora, Firefox prompts for the default program to open jnpl extension. Unfortunately, only mouse pad is there. I have tried pointing jnpl file to javaws which apparently should be initiated  ( /usr/bin/java) without success.

It would be so good to use my Pandora to listen archived class sessions while I'm away from desktop...

Can anyone help? 

Download the jnlp file to your SD card, open a terminal, type "cd /media/YOURSDCARDHERE" and then "javaws nativeplayback.jnlp".

I've used a few webstart applications on my Pandora so I know it works, but there may be something specific about the Blackboard software.

Note that installing the Oracle JRE/JDK for ARM is usually a better idea for commercial software. It's much (much!) faster, has a smaller  memory footprint and is generally better in supporting everything you want to run.  I use it all the time on my Pandora and it's great!

Back