Help! Just Got A Gp32...

Ronin_T3

Still Fresh
Hi! I just bought a used GP32 and have a couple quick questions.

1. What kind of USB cable do I need?
2. Do I need special software to transfer files to my GP32? Can I download it online?

Thanks!

Ronin said:
Hi! I just bought a used GP32 and have a couple quick questions.

1. What kind of USB cable do I need?
2. Do I need special software to transfer files to my GP32? Can I download it online?

Thanks!
I've never had one, so you can take this with a kilogram of salt. That being said, the GPNewbie FAQ (http://gpnewbie.com/gp32/faq.htm) appears to suggest that you just need a SMC card reader to write to the card. It seems to be like the GP2X in that you don't absolutely need to connect the unit to the PC; you can just write to the card.

Feel free to correct my Spanglish, fellow forum members.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. special custom cable (different depending on version of GP32, but I've never seen the cable anywhere else)
2. yes and yes

Ok, now for a different look at it, the GP32 uses SmartMedia cards, and therefore you can go out and buy a SMC card reader and use that to transfer files :)

Hooka said:
1. special custom cable (different depending on version of GP32, but I've never seen the cable anywhere else)
2. yes and yes

Ok, now for a different look at it, the GP32 uses SmartMedia cards, and therefore you can go out and buy a SMC card reader and use that to transfer files :)
Thanks for the quick answers guys! I didn't get a USB cable with it so I guess I'll have to buy an SMC card reader.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back