HELP ! needed to get Looping and Gridlee working with Mame4all

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
I have been trying to locate roms for Looping and Gridlee which will work with Mame4all or specifically iMame4all. These games are the only decent legally free roms you can download from mame.org . The problem is the roms which you can download from mame.org dont work under mame4all.

Does anyone know of roms for these that will work on mame4all or how I may somehow manipulate the roms to get them to work with mame4all?.

I see those games are located at the [Removed] web site.

You might want to try there.

Last edited:
Sorry about this scoobydoo, but for this reason I've had to remove the pointer you posted.

I'm unsure if it's possible to manipulate the ROM-sets legally provided by the MAME team, but the auditing programs Romcenter or ClrMamePro (I believe those are their names) might be able to get the files altered to be compatible with a different MAME version. There's a tutorial on using at least one of them around here somewhere, but I'm unsure as to where it's gone.

If it's of any help, and if MAME4All works with the game World Rally, its manufacturer Gaelco makes it legally available here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry about this scoobydoo, but for this reason I've had to remove the pointer you posted.

I'm unsure if it's possible to manipulate the ROM-sets legally provided by the MAME team, but the auditing programs Romcenter or ClrMamePro (I believe those are their names) might be able to get the files altered to be compatible with a different MAME version. There's a tutorial on using at least one of them around here somewhere, but I'm unsure as to where it's gone.

If it's of any help, and if MAME4All works with the game World Rally, its manufacturer Gaelco makes it legally available here.
I apologize to you Prometheus and the OP community.

i am terribly sorry for my ignorance on this matter.

Regretfully,

Scooby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry too much. It's not a problem, since it's gone now - just don't do it again, please. ;)

@Scooby,

Sorry Scooby didnt mean to get you in trouble there.

@Prometheus,

I might give those programs a go. Actually I have contacted the owner and developer of Gridlee - Howard Delman in the slim hope he new of a rom that worked with mame4all. He was surprised and chuffed that someone actually still was interested in the game and although he didnt know of a rom that worked with mame4all, he wished me luck in getting one to work with it. It's an interesting story actually, Gridlee was a game that was never released into the arcades . There's actually only one Gridlee machine known to have been created and exist (Talk about a rare piece).

Seems to be an interesting game from the gameplay and screenshots I have seen.

Back