Help: Overide A Firmware Library

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
I need to use the latest SDL_ttf for a function not in the current shipped library. Ive tried a number of things but the system always keeps trying to use the original.
I tried using LD_PRELOAD but I get this message:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/mnt/sd/gmenu2x/libSDL_ttf.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded: ignored.
./gmenu2x: symbol lookup error: ./gmenu2x: undefined symbol: TTF_SetFontOutline

just guessing ...

from what i've read
If you set LD_PRELOAD to the path of a shared object, that file will be loaded before any other library

maybe you need to resolve dependencies on your own? if libSDL_ttf.so links to any other library, you need to add that too?

crow_riot said:
just guessing ...

from what i've read
If you set LD_PRELOAD to the path of a shared object, that file will be loaded before any other library

maybe you need to resolve dependencies on your own? if libSDL_ttf.so links to any other library, you need to add that too?

I got it figured out, i copied the x86 version of the lib. I tried with the arm version and it seems to have taken the lib, now the app doesnt run right.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm why not compile staticly against your new (static) sdl_ttf lib, the one you compiled yourselve for arm / caanoo ? (i do not think, unless there's something i did not know, that you can mix / use X86 libs on the caanoo) that always worked on the gp2x for me.. or do you really need them to be dynamicly loaded ?

joyrider said:
hmm why not compile staticly against your new (static) sdl_ttf lib, the one you compiled yourselve for arm / caanoo ? (i do not think, unless there's something i did not know, that you can mix / use X86 libs on the caanoo) that always worked on the gp2x for me.. or do you really need them to be dynamicly loaded ?

well its just easier to keep it dynamic, i might have the right static SDL lib. Anway i was able to override the SDL_ttf anf freetype lib and it works so i done ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back