Help Please! Castaway For Gp32 Compatibility List

Luk4S

Still Fresh
Hi all,
where can I find a compatibility list for this emulator? :)

Thanks
Luk4S

There should be some old ones around the gp32x board here; also check my message board itself on www.codejedi.com -- Palm OS, Zodiac, GP32 versions are all pretty related in terms of compatability.

jeff

ok. I've been using it as a frame of reference for a while. I have no idea what game is under what hacker group etc.. the forum is a pretty good metre stick for what works and what doesnt.

Champ Manager is sooo good. :D

Hi all,
well... what games actually work on Castaway?
Bubble bobble works? speed, sound?

:)

Thanks

Luk4S posted on Jul 21 2004 at 03:31 PM said:
Hi all,

Thanks
Most of ST *normal* games works extremly fine on CaSTaway GP ;p
[ *normal* games don't includ Sensible Software games + somes games which use special tricks ]
it means ALOT of games... Bubble Bobble work really fine don't worry :)
You can consider 99% of these working games as FullSpeed with FS1 max if your GP32 can overclock to 166Mhz :p & the best is that it's playable with sound on ;)
so I hope you'll love this masterpiece of emulation :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tidus posted on Jul 21 2004 at 07:54 PM said:
Luk4S posted on Jul 21 2004 at 03:31 PM said:
Hi all,

Thanks
Most of ST *normal* games works extremly fine on CaSTaway GP ;p
[ *normal* games don't includ Sensible Software games + somes games which use special tricks ]
it means ALOT of games... Bubble Bobble work really fine don't worry :)
You can consider 99% of these working games as FullSpeed with FS1 max if your GP32 can overclock to 166Mhz :p & the best is that it's playable with sound on ;)
so I hope you'll love this masterpiece of emulation :)
Hello Tidus,
yes bubble bobble works.
I found some games that gave me problems:
pacmania, prince of persia and rainbow islands and xenon2 .
I'm using last version 1.33.
I've seen my GP32 BLU overclocks fine to 166mhz:)
When I tried first time the gp32 restarted... now i've changed batteries and it works fine! Superb!

Luk4S

Luk4S posted on Jul 22 2004 at 08:59 AM said:
Hello Tidus,
yes bubble bobble works.
I found some games that gave me problems:
pacmania, prince of persia and rainbow islands and xenon2 .
I'm using last version 1.33.
I've seen my GP32 BLU overclocks fine to 166mhz:)
When I tried first time the gp32 restarted... now i've changed batteries and it works fine! Superb!

Luk4S
Hi LukAs :)

I confirm you that Raimbow Islands, Xenon 2 & Prince of Persion runs totaly smooth @166 Mhz ... but NOT on CaSTaway 1.33 :p
in fact I use the "1.32+" edition of this fabulous emu coz the compatibility list seems longer, at less in all the games I have try until now ;p
& CaSTaway 1.33 makes my GP32 reboot on Raimbow island after the title for exemple, even if it work fine with the 1.32+ ;p
the 1.32+ is included in the 1.32 package , but it's not the 1.32 "normal" ;)
& concerning Pacmania, I advice you to play it on Genesis emu , it runs extremly smoothly ;p btw I haven't try it on CaSTaway coz I got it on SMC for Genesis ;p

hope it can help you :)

ps: here is a small list of all the games I always got in my Atari ST folder (which works fine & are fully playable on 1.32+ edition :p)

- Another World
- Barbarian
- Bubble Bobble
- Defender of The Crown
- Gobliiis
- Gobliis 2
- Ikari Warrior
- Kick Off 2
- Manoir de Mortevieille (voices are really better with + version - but still some noise)
- Nebulus
- Nitro
- North & South
- Prince of Persia
- Raimbow Warrior
- Sidewinder
- Stunt Car Racer
- Swiv
- Transartica (little blinks on bottom of screen... cf my other post somewhere here)
- Venus
- Xenon 2

and here are the games I still got troubles to make run perfectly
- Megalo Mania (freeze after title screen... maybe my disk problems)
- Sensible Software games (Sensible Soccer / Cannon Fodder)
- Major Motion (success to make it run totaly but impossible to move the car :((( )
- Ishar 2 (my disk problem maybe)
- Hook adventures (can load the game totaly but nothing appear above the invotory bottom part of screen)

Tidus posted on Jul 22 2004 at 06:24 PM said:
I confirm you that Raimbow Islands, Xenon 2 & Prince of Persion runs totaly smooth @166 Mhz ... but NOT on CaSTaway 1.33 :p
in fact I use the "1.32+" edition of this fabulous emu coz the compatibility list seems longer, at less in all the games I have try until now ;p
& CaSTaway 1.33 makes my GP32 reboot on Raimbow island after the title for exemple, even if it work fine with the 1.32+ ;p
the 1.32+ is included in the 1.32 package , but it's not the 1.32 "normal" ;)
Hi Tidus :)
Thanks for help.
Where can I get 1.32+ ? Can you give me the link?

Thanks
Luk4S

Luk4S posted on Jul 23 2004 at 09:38 AM said:
Hi Tidus :)
Thanks for help.
Where can I get 1.32+ ? Can you give me the link?

Thanks
Luk4S
You're welcome :)

it's easy to find, simply go to the hompage of the project, which mean here:
http://www.codejedi.com/shadowplan/gp32.html & check the release 13.2 ;p by the way take the 13 which can be usefull with some games :)

But the "experimental" 13.2+ edition is the one I use 99% of time now ;)

ps: the direct link is Here !

Allright. I have a problem with the game "hostages: Operation soemthingsomething". when i try to load it, i just get a white screen, then a few black bombs appear for less than one second, and the GP resets. is there any workaround for that issues, or isn´t that game compatible at all?

Horscht posted on Jul 29 2004 at 11:49 AM said:
Allright. I have a problem with the game "hostages: Operation soemthingsomething". when i try to load it, i just get a white screen, then a few black bombs appear for less than one second, and the GP resets. is there any workaround for that issues, or isn´t that game compatible at all?
I'll take a look at this game - that I don't remember well - & tell u the results of my attempt soon ;)

Edit : ok I'm back with news ;p
the msa version in two disks definitly don't want to run... it gave me the same classical "bombs" error ...
but I've found a .ST version that I renamed in STT of course & it runs perfectly (even with sound ;p)
unfortunatly for you (or maybe not) but Operation Jupiter was an infograme game, which means a French game, so the version I success to run was... french !
by the way I remember that game now ;p it's extremly famous here but under the name "Operation Jupiter" ;p

If I can helps someone else on CaSTaway GP compatibility topic, then let me know :)

right, i found that out, too. so probabyl the 2 disk edition isnt cracked. I got a patched OJ one with 50%french 25%english and 25% German (One .msa file). The Game is good, but the NES (Rescue:the embassy mission) version plays much better, and the C64 looks totaly funny compared to the ST and NES verison. You must have a look at it :D .

Horscht posted on Jul 30 2004 at 04:23 PM said:
right, i found that out, too. so probabyl the 2 disk edition isnt cracked. I got a patched OJ one with 50%french 25%english and 25% German (One .msa file). The Game is good, but the NES (Rescue:the embassy mission) version plays much better, and the C64 looks totaly funny compared to the ST and NES verison. You must have a look at it :D .
lol wow this "english-germano-french" version sounds... special LOL ;p
but I'm happy that you success to find one working :)
btw I don't knew that it got a NES version, will take a look soon thanks ;)
& I haven't try the C64 version yet :p

I need to compare 1.32 and 1.33 and find out why.. I changed build computers and some things like that.. so I wonder if environment is an impact. Or perhaps I broke something :p As long as everyone has 1.32 around as well :)

The games database is on the CaSTaway website and is a good place to find games; its not complete, but its pretty darned complete, and is a lot more complete than anything else I've found (like Bruno Padina's site, which I partyl used in building the games database :p)

Bubble Bobble and Xenon 2 work great on the GP in CaSTaway.. great games to show off to people. Xenon2 on GP is amazing :)

jeff

damn, the Atari ST seems to be one of the best consoles ever! I never had one, nor did I even hear of it before, but after I tried a few games on CaSTaway (great emu skeezix!), I am just overwhelmed. It´s just a bit hard to find the games.

Horscht posted on Aug 1 2004 at 09:50 AM said:
damn, the Atari ST seems to be one of the best consoles ever! I never had one, nor did I even hear of it before, but after I tried a few games on CaSTaway (great emu skeezix!), I am just overwhelmed. It´s just a bit hard to find the games.
naah, the ST is the easiest machine to find stuff for. Hit up my message board where theres numerous links to places. Half the old demo/crack crews stil have websites with stuff, since the ST is very much abandonware these days. (ie: I don't think any of the licenses or games have ever left the ST, so its 100% dead :p)

Look for Joe's FTP; he has pretty much everthing.

jeff

Back