Help Please!

Apeiron

Still no luck with the pc link.
Since then I've manage to format the card once and my laptop reader is working(kind of)
But now I get a new message with pc link up 1.3.1 (hacked) and 1.2(hacked) and 1.0/1
"USB Port cannto be opened"

It's begining to annoy me now, I've installed several usb drivers for it even though I'm on XP. I've tried all software but the one I was told about in my last thread because I cannot Find it.

Please Can someone help me out.

you could be getting a conflict issue due to the number of drivers you have installed, similar to how videos will get screwed up on your pc when you have too many codecs trying to play the same video file.

try removing all the drivers you have installed, and all the software.

go to gp32eu.com and download only the stuff there.

don't install anything until you plug in the gp32 and get the unrecognised device thing, then go about installing drivers. then completely disconnect the gp32 and install your software, the run the default f/w and follow the instructions to the letter!

if you can, try and install gpdrive on your smc as soon as possible, its a god send!

Have you flashed your FW? Flashing renders the pclink in the euro fw useless. Have you tried darkfaders pclink as well? I noticed in your previous thread that someone reccomended gpdrive (an excellent suggestion btw). Have you tried this yet? If so, any luck and if not what errors are you recieving? If your not sure about how to use gpdrive, directions can be found in this thread. Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
everytime i try to link up on XP with my GP32, i get the error the USB port doesn't recognize the GP32, but if I turn the gp32 off and on like 5 times it eventually works. hope that kind of helps.

But i just bought a card reader so I don't use pc link anymore.

I Run on Windows XP Home on both PC and Laptop.
I tried the CD version of the software alone at first, no luck juck carries on asking me to select pc-link on the gp32
I didn't uninstall it and tried the new 1.3.1 (hacked) from this site, It worked a couple of times and then the usb port message came up, plus everything I uploaded didn't work, but that may have been faulty emu's.
Today I tried installing software on my PC and the same old problems arise, I tried all of them and the the drivers.
They install alright but it makes no difference to the pc link software.
I've never flashed the console I had it in may form GBAX as a Blu modded to overclock at 166mhz.
I would try gpdrive if it gives me enough time to upload it and if I new where I could get it.
I'll try darthfaders now if I can find that.
And Thanks for rubbing it in Norbi... <_<
Ex-Gamer that happens to me and all but not so luck as you its 1 in every 100 times.

I'll try what spray said now, it'll take a while to find everything...

My new SMC cards should have come today but didn't because it could be the smc cards its well old.

Thanks for the help keep posting ideas if these steps don't work

everytime i try to link up on XP with my GP32, i get the error the USB port doesn't recognize the GP32, but if I turn the gp32 off and on like 5 times it eventually works. hope that kind of helps.

you dont have to turn it off. just unplug the cable and plug it back in

Thanks for the replies.
I've mostly sorted the problem for now, Although my gp crashes when using any emulator, could have the wrong ones i guess.
The main cause of the problem seems to be the fact I plugged everything in, opened pc link and then entered it on my GP. By Opening PC link then turning on GP and connecting it, then entering GP PC Link and clicking ok seems to work everytime.
It's such a fickle machine...
I'm Still going to redownload/delete everything for a fresh start but I'm still curious about flashing and firmware also about GPlinux, sounds like a damn handy program.
*Goes off to research*

Back