Help Saving Account

dilawar987

Still Fresh
hi,
anyone can help me out. newbie.
if u open a saving acount with 5% AER over a year and put £3000 into account.

do you get interest for the end of the year £150. is there anyway u can make that amount in a month with the same rate or no service provide that.

any help.

dilawar said:
do you get interest for the end of the year £150. is there anyway u can make that amount in a month with the same rate or no service provide that.
Wait... you want a years worth of interest in a month.... I do not see the logic in your request.

Last edited by a moderator:
dilawar said:
is there anyway u can make that amount in a month with the same rate or no service provide that.
Sure, you just need to invest about £36,000 into an account instead of £3,000.

Peter R said:
dilawar said:
Wait... you want a years worth of interest in a month.... I do not see the logic in your request.

I like the logic. If only I could find the right account.

hi,
thanks for the reply. wasn't notified of response.
anyway, whats the point of opening a saving account just to earn couple of hundred at the end of the year. look at all the fuss u have to go through, withdrawal limit & penalities.

there should be account to make higher interest monthly or yearly.

dilawar said:
hi,
thanks for the reply. wasn't notified of response.
anyway, whats the point of opening a saving account just to earn couple of hundred at the end of the year. look at all the fuss u have to go through, withdrawal limit & penalities.

That would not be profitable for the banks though would it?

dilawar said:

The more you put in, the more you get out. To a bank, £3000 is barely worth bothering about, so they don't give you much interest. If you put in £30,000 instead, then they become really interested and pay you a healthy amount.

TaG said:
HELLO I AM owners of BANK of NIGRIA and I woud like to offering yourself an saving account with intrest 100 PER CENT. IF YOU ARE accepting my offerings then SEND TO myself eleven hundred US DOLLARS THANKYOU kindly.

do NOT SENDto nickspoon, he is of the badly thought of SCAM clan.

I AM son of african prince who dies in accident of the INSURGENTS who wish to kill all. I am in the possesion of $100,000,000,000,000 US DOLLAR! if YOU will use money for small fee to tranfer, $3000 USD, then i WILL give you 20% of the sum that is belonging to me at this time before you have it.
thank you for interest, please OPEN the attached folder (I assure of no virus please)

To be serious... The point of making a few hundred a year on that amount is not to MAKE money, it is to offset inflation. Get in the stock market, then you will either double/lose all your money. :lol:

nickspoon said:
TaG said:
HELLO I AM owners of BANK of NIGRIA and I woud like to offering yourself an saving account with intrest 100 PER CENT. IF YOU ARE accepting my offerings then SEND TO myself eleven hundred US DOLLARS THANKYOU kindly.
So it is you! Stop sending me those bloody emails! ;) (I really can't believe anybody falls for those. Although somebody at work did reply to one of the fake "confirm your bank details" last month.)

@palmertech, sure a couple of hundred covers inflation - but dilwar seems to want that monthly, and don't we all. :)

Back