GP32 Help with linux dev kit

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
I downloaded the devkit for linux and extracted all of the files into my /usr directory... Now what :blink: .I would like to get something to compile :)
could anyone point me in the direction of a guide, or tell me what to do plz, i promise i'll make something cool :p

Ok, since I wasn't able to get the newest GCC working with the GP32SDK (thanks for your help Mithris - after copying I got unrecognized options from the compiler) I thought it would be better to install the devkit under Linux, so this could be helpful for some of you.

I am using SuSE 8.0 and installed the RPM packet from the DVD which installs the devkit under /opt/devkitadv. Because I was interested in FrodoGP which expects the devkit in /usr/local I made a link with 'ln -s /opt/devkitadv /usr/local/devkitadv'.

After you installed the devkit you have to patch it for the GP32 with CHNs patch. You can download it from http://chn.roarvgm.com/#gp32 (file devkitadv-gp32-v002b.rar).
Now you have to extract it into your devkit directory, so change to /opt or /usr/local and type 'unrar x devkitadv-gp32-v002b.rar' and answer with 'A' to overwrite all files.

Well... thats all. You can now test the compiler with the 'gptest' program from CHNs website, but don't forget to set the right path for the devkitadv in the makefile (export CCBASE=/usr/local/devkitadv). After you type 'make' you should get the 'gptest.gxb' file, which you can use with GeePee32 or your GP32 :).

I hope that this can help some people working under Linux which are not so experienced with the GCC compiler (like me :) )

Now is there any ide i can set it up with :huh: such as Qt3 or kdevelop (these came with mandrake linux) or any other ide. :blink: and if so could have step by step instructions?

I am currently using a standard editors with syntax highlighting (sometime JEdit, sometimes Kate), which is enough for me.

Ok Sorry but could you post something step by step with links and downloads to set up the dev kit in linux. I am a TOTAL newbie to linux <_< sorry. if you could say what i need to type and everything that would be AWSOME :) thanks an sorry about my being an idiot :(

Sorry, I can't help you on how to install the devkitadv package under Mandrake, since I am using SuSE and I never used Mandrake, maybe someone else in this forum can tell you how to install it. I already wrote the other Linux distribution independent things, you have to type in (for making a symbolic link and patching the devkit), in the first posting.

Ok after a bit of tinkering I think i have it set up. but is there something similar to an autoexec.bat (i know it won't be called that) in linux that i need to change? or am i good to go? also how do i change directories in the shell/command prompt thing? Thanks, I'm an idiot :p

Are you one of those people who got Linux to look cool ??? ;)

cd changes directory. As in
[nerd@localhost nerd] cd /usr/local
on bash

KDevelop is your best bet for IDE, I prefer XEmacs.

Sorry but it's a little late, perhaps I can tell you more info later... or ask on #gp32dev

NO i didn't get it just to be cool <_< i got it because windows was being a big jerk about EVERYTHING <_<
I promise that this is my last Q about linux today, or even this week(just as long as the awnser you give isn't to vauge :) ) how do i make it so that every time i type make it knows to use arm gcc?

PATH=<PATH to your gcc bin directory:$PATH; export PATH

MrT

I'm in the process of installing dka in linux but i get this error in compiling, what could it be?

make
/dka/bin/arm-agb-elf-gcc -Wl,-T /dka/arm-agb-elf/lib/lnkscript -o gpmain.elf gpmain.o gfx.o /dka/arm-agb-elf/lib/gpsdk/gpstart/gpstart.o -lgpsdk -lgpgraphic -lgpmem -lgpos -lgpstdlib -lgpstdio -lgpsound -lgpfont -lgpg_ex01
/dka/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/../../../../arm-agb-elf/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for section `.init'
/dka/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/../../../../arm-agb-elf/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for section `.fini'
/dka/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/../../../../arm-agb-elf/bin/ld: warning: no memory region specified for section `.jcr'
/dka/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/../../../../arm-agb-elf/bin/ld: address
0x2e18 of gpmain.elf section .bss is not within region ram
/dka/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/crtbegin.o(.fini+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
/dka/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/crtbegin.o(.init+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
/dka/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-agb-elf/3.1/crtend.o(.init+0x0): relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_PC24 .text
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gpmain.elf] Error 1

What are the Relocation and no memory sections about, anyone know how to fix that?

Back